I was shunned today for the first time! Woo-hoo!

by DagothUr 6 Replies latest jw friends

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Since I DA-d myself 2 months ago, I only met one ex-bro while I was walking in the town. He was an old brother, around 75, poor performance in the street service, poor personal study, "weak spirituality", but a great person. I stumbled upon him 10 days ago. Instead of shunning me, he saluted and asked how was I doing. He even extended his right hand and we shook. He was merry and refreshing. And he's the one with the "weak spirituality", they say...

Finally, today I have been fully baptized as a grown-up apostate. While I was strolling, I crossed path with a young sister. She was going to the field service meeting since it was 9:45 AM and she was headed towards the KH. I gazed at her defiantly and that was all. She was wearing sunglasses, so I have not seen her expression. But she was always the apathetic type. Later, after 2 hours or so, I met her mother in law and she gave me the evil-eye. She looked at me with an angry expression, like she was going to eat me. I returned the favor. She increased the rhythm of her paces and that was all.

Being shunned is cool, since I have no family members and no other relatives in the Borg. So their act is rather futile. It makes me realize how naive these people are and how naive I was.

• loosie
    loosie

Congrats!!!

When my hubby was DF'd his mother in law ( my mom) threatened to remove his penis with a knife 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch. So I don't know if her eating you would be worse or not.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It's awesome, eh?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I DID IT TO THEM FIRST.

V665V665

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Another major milestone in your life. WOO HOO!

....since I have no family members and no other relatives in the Borg.

I am trying not to show any jealousy.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

smile back at them. Create more dissonance

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I'm just happy that it had no effect on you, I wish it was the same for many others.

Good for you, enjoy your freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit