Undeserved Kindness - Actually Deserved

by sabastious 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    To play with the word a little, if we change it to "underserved" it references an entirely different attitude.

When you break it down, it turns out to be a glaring guilt-trip.

-Sab

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

"I don't think God created us to be subjects but rather partners.

If I were God, I would want to create equals not slaves.

I think he tells us this by our young.

Our young start out as subjects and we teach them. But they are not young forever and eventually become our equal. I think God made it that way to tell us our ultimate role."

I think this is a very beautiful way of looking at it....never thought of it that way. I am still undecided about my path of belief, but I think this is a very unique and healthy viewpoint to have. And you must be one amazing brother! :) I'm so glad that everything is working out well in that situation.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Thanks ana_dote! That really means a lot to me.

-Sab

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    When you break it down, it turns out to be a glaring guilt-trip.

Are you saying un-deserved or under-served does? By the latter I am of course trying to point to an attitude of helping without pushing buttons, but actually even one of generosity or wanting more for the other.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm speaking of the way the Watchtower uses the term.

Do all Christian denominations constantly bring up the fact that we don't deserve God's grace? Or do they focus on the love aspect of it?

-Sab

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Of course service has to do with love, I guess it may be a little too subtle so I will cap the R in there..

• aqwsed12345
    aqwsed12345

What's wrong withe word 'grace' ? Why don't the NWT use this word? Do they want to creat a new language to control the minds, like the Orwells' Newspeak?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit