REINSTATEMENT-how long does it take?

by Mollie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mollie
    Mollie

If anyone can tell me how long it takes to be reinstated, I would greatly appreciate it. Years ago when I was a witness, it was determined by the individual's progress. Someone has relayed to me that it is now a mandatory minimum of 1 year. Is this true?

• ozboy77
    ozboy77

Mollie, HI
    I know of a case recently where it was around 4 months.
    It does go on the person most of the time.
    Sometimes its longer for ones who either:
    1. were either elders or ms.
    2. The person isnt responding quickly to the outline of coming back.
    3. etc.
    Hope this helps.
    Now I have heard and been told the wts is slacking off on this somewhat.
    David.

• alamb
    alamb

I was recommended by 2 different congregations 4 times in 2 years (I disassociated myself). The original committee would not even answer by the fourth, to the disbelief of the 2nd body of elders. They would have had to admit error and this was impossible. Fortunately, I got the "new light."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Here is another example of the WTS saying one thing but the practice is quite different.

So, according to ks91 "while there should be no hasty action in reinstating disfellowshipped individuals, consideration should be given to a plea for reinstatement when this is requested." (emphasis added) page 127 and "Elders should be sure that sufficient time has passed for the disfellowshipped person to prove that his profession of repentance is genuine." page 128

It can be seen from this, that a speedy reinstatement is not likely but no time period is stipulated.

However, the practice of waiting at least one year has developed over many years. Perhaps this has been reinforced by the arrangement whereby the elders are to review the DF list annually and, if they believe any are deserving, they will make a home visit to that individual to advise them of what they need to do in order to be reinstated.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

Mollie.

There is no set amount of time that elders need to
    let pass in order to be reinstate an individual. What a wonderful
    provision that Jehovah has given his servant in order to
    keep his organization clean from harmful influences as
    set out in the scriptures......PRAISE BE TO JAH!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mollie,

There is no set amount of time but if you kiss up to the elders and jump through their hoops, and act submissive and all sad, you can really speed up the process!

What a wonderful provision the Society has given to local body of elders to quickly dismiss sheep rather than truly helping them. After all, you do need to deal with matters rapidly as an elder so you can get back to your families and your pleasurable weekends! Don't let the needs of the individual sheep get in your way. Get rid of people you have no use for! PRAISE BE TO THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY!!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I saw one guy back in about 3 months. One of those 'privilidged' families. I mean, I really like the guy, but now he's miserable that he's back in. We've had quite a few beers talking about our bad luck in staying, or coming back. We both had our chance to stay 'out' a long ways back, and we didn't take it, so I guess it's our fault.

ashi

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

One of my room mates was disfellowship'd and the
    only time she really associated with(as far as showing up)
    was to go to a wedding when it was someone close to her
    family. The elders got in touch with her 1year later and
    invited her back into the congergation. She said "No thanks".
    plm

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Depends how many elders you're related to...

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• Gozz
    Gozz
    There is no set amount of time that elders need to let pass in order to be reinstate an individual.

Fair enough. You're an elder then, so you know. But at least you state that it's the elders doing it. Humans judging the behaviour of those supposedly their sheep, and carrying out the unscriptural act called reinstatement. So they need to let time pass. Even David, murderer and adulterer during his career as King while sitting on Jehovah's throne only had to admit his sins, upon being reminded that he had sinned by Nathan, Prophet of God (BTW, that took all of nine months, after the germination of the seed of David's sin - I know you know that) and he God forgiveness, or a temporary suspension of sentence until his death. Was Jehovah being partial? Can your elders read hearts?

What a wonderful provision that Jehovah has given his servant in order to keep his organization clean from harmful influences as
    set out in the scriptures......PRAISE BE TO JAH!!
    Y'see, you keep blaspheming Jehovah's name. It's dubs like you who act like peddlers of what is hurtful. What is Jehovah's arrangement? Whay are you lying on Jehovah? You are, until you provide proof that he authorized this wicked act of telling humans to read hearts. You think the rank and file dubs are the harmful influence? Big joke. Take a walk to Brooklyn. Or better still do some good reading of the stuff that they send down. The way you write, you should be in the writing department.

So, who is this Jehovah's servant you mention? Because I don't know, Russell used to be the servant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit