Are the numbers accurate?

by Joshinaz 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

This seem to be the truth my sister has moved to Brazil for a while to learn portugues so she can help out a portugues cong. in MA. Also in here in Arizona the Spanish speaking cong. are out numbering the English and Dubbies are knocking on my door asking for Latino Speaking individuals. GREAT JOB GUY------You all have made wonderful observations!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The bethel boppers in New York just don't got it! They don't ask - Are the numbers accurate?

They ask - How d'the numbers stack up?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I live in Romania and I can tell they do have an increase here. The congo in my small town began with 6 members in 1991 and they have 43 baptized members now, plus around 5-6 unbaptized publishers and many children. We also had 2 regular pioneers from Spain here and they said "Romania is a spiritual paradise". That is because in their native country you have to walk all day long to find someone who will accept one magazine. If someone manages to initiate a study, that is an awesome accomplishment! In Romania, they have more students than they can visit, so they have to be pretty selective.

The JW increase in numbers is real, but it's given by regions as Southern America, Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe. They probably have a decline in areas like USA, Australia, Western Europe. I guess this also means a decline in their profit, but I guss they still have profit even from these poor countries. It is true, the poor areas of the world are far from reaching the saturation point and the JW can sell their doctrine there for another dozens of years.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

i also think they are probably accurate according to their new counting procedures. they report peak publishers not average publishers now. if they do that for every country that would add around 10% to the old totals which was average publishers.

my mom says they are bursting at the seems at their kingdom hall. 4 congregations inhabit 2 halls. one of the congregations is a fast growing Spanish congregation.

the watchtower org is alive and strong and will be well after our lifetimes have past.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they cook the books--burn them is more the accurate term. First, they have hounder-hounders put pressure on the hounders to make sure everyone turns in a field circus slip. This often results in many a fake time slip. They get tough on publishers that are going inactive, so that pressures them into turning in a fake time slip in order to not get hounded or shunned by family. Sometimes the hounders will put in a fake time slip in behalf of the publisher, just to reduce "inactive publishers" that embarrass them in front of the hounder-hounder. This could result in a surprising number of false increases. This is not going on at headquarter levels--they just exert pressure on the hounder-hounders to do this.

The other major way to burn the books is by forcing children in field circus. Parents are hounded if their children reach age 6 and are not yet publishing. The hounding intensifies if the children reach age 12 and are still not turning in a field circus slip. If the children do not do field circus, the parents are pressured into putting in fake time slips for them (or they will be hounded to death). Sometimes the hounders hound the children themselves (and, if the children are lucky, they will just be hounded) into becoming unbaptized publishers when they are little. Result: Inflated publisher numbers. Most of those children don't really want to be out in field circus and would not be there if the parents were not being hounded to death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit