Karl Klein dead

by JAVA 5 Replies latest social current

• JAVA
    JAVA

Found this on H2O:
    <<
    1/3/01 It was announced at morning worship today that Brother Karl Klein, a member of the Governing Body, has passed away. He was 95 years old. He was baptized in 1918, entered Bethel in 1925, married in 1963, and a member of the Governing Body since 1974. His life story appeared in the 10/1/84 WT.
    >>

• thinker
    thinker

Feel so stupid asking this. Is Fred Franz still living. Wondering?
    Thinkers Wife

• JAVA
    JAVA

I received this from a former member of Bethel.

<<
    Karl was an absolute worshipper of Fred Franz. I know that some of you know the story, but Karl called me in for an unexpected meeting at his office one afternoon not long after the Sanchez's and Quilan's were evicted from Bethel. He proceeded to speak without letup for nearly two hours about how some in the Writing Dept were subverting Freddy's truths. He had books open to various pages and quoted and argued the points by the writers whose names he stated clearly. He would often drool on himself while he spoke.and when he finished he leaned back in his chair and said no more, having a blank stare. I asked him it that was all and he never replied, so I left. I knew I had been in the company of a certifiable nut.
    <<

Edited by - JAVA on 5 January 2001 7:40:3

• RR
    RR

Yes, Fred Franz died some years ago, I think qaround 1995, however Ray Franz his nephew is still alive and well living in Georgia.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• JAVA
    JAVA

Thinkers Wife:

Is Fred Franz still living. Wondering?

No . . . he went to that great printing press in the sky several years ago.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Here's another email from another Bethelite:

<<
    When I was at Bethel, Karl Klein was leading morning worship one day and they had just recently dismissed and disfellowshipped a Bethelite that day. After the announcement of the dfing was made, Karl decided to give pretty much a service talk on sexual immorality. He told the story of two JWs who were married but not to each other who decided to have an affair. These two JWs were disfellowshipped for adultery and eventually got married to each other and were reinstated. About a year or so after they got married these two reinstated JWs had a baby who was born with birth defects. Klein referred to the child as a "mongoloid child". He then went on to state how God had punished these two JWs for their adultery by allowing them to give birth to a child with birth defects. Most of the Bethelites were pretty upset by Klein's comments and I guess someone talked to him because the next day he apologized for his comments.

However, a few months later a friend of mine was asked to leave Bethel for speaking critically of a GB member among other things. Guess which GB member he had spoken out against and over what issue....You guessed it! Klein's comments about the adulterous JW couple.
    <<

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit