Why do the JWs have secret law codes when the "world's" laws are public?

by easyreader1970 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I've glanced over the new book. I won't comment on the rules and regulations themselves because they read as though they were drafted by lab reject monkeys.

My issue is: Why the secrecy? If these are laws and rules that all JWs must abide by to remain in good standing, why can't they have access to them? The Bible has Moses hand down laws to the Israelites. The Witnesses don't deserve the same courtesy? Further, how can you prepare for your judicial meeting, if you are called to one, when you don't even have access to the rules, thus making the hearing decidedly unfair?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Will there be "Secret Laws" in Paradise?

Will they be called the Sharia?

• Scully
    Scully

If you know the rules, you can figure out the loopholes.

However, I think there's more to it than this. The Flock book needs to be kept secret because JWs have been conditioned to believe that the Holy Spirit™ is directing the decision making process of the Elders™. I used to think that the Committee™ would pray for the benefit of the accused, that truth would prevail and that divine justice would be served. It used to frighten me to hear that some people felt that the outcome of their JC hearing was decided basically before any meeting was convened, before any accusation could be defended against, and that it didn't matter that the accused's rights were violated in not being able to know the charges against them nor know who was making the accusations.

The Flock book makes it clear that Judicial Committees are a travesty... a f*cked up mockery of true justice and has absolutely nothing to do with god, the holy spirit or anything beyond a vaudevillian Keystone Kops charade.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Its a symptom of a cult- you do not know what you are getting into until you are in too deep!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The JC Meeting..

"If you weren`t Guilty,you wouldn`t Be Here"..

"Jehovah wants me,to F*ck you Up!"..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Chills, he looks exactly like one of the Elders in the cong I used to attend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit