What are the names of the current GB members? Do the R&F know the Names?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I never knew who was controlling my life.

I didn't know who they were, how they governed, what they personally believed etc.

Granted the WTBTS never put any of that out there but there are people who knew them and would of course relate "experiences" of meeting them and from that you could derive certain aspects of their personality.

I never thought to investigate the leadership until I started asking questions.

So how many are there now and what are their names? I would like to ask my family if they can name them by heart.

If they can't why not? These people control their lives.

Do you folks get where I am coming from on this. It is kind of like finding out about a local candidate for elective office. I try to meet them and ask around about them before I give them my vote.

• carla
    carla

I know my jw does not nor did he ever know who were the gb. He doesn't care, they are chosen by the big guy so that's all that matters

Bring up some of the history of the leaders, homosexuality, drunkeness, etc... and they are all apostate lies of course.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Nope. Thats for us to know and for you to find out!

Obey the Governing body!!

Obey us!!

• blondie
    blondie

A recent yearbook had a list of them with a picture, I think. Also, they are listed by name and "governing body" in the articles twice a year about the Gilead graduation. Also I think they are listed under "governing body" in the WT Index with references to articles.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

• John E. Barr (1977)
    • Samuel F. Herd (1999)
    • Geoffrey Jackson (2005)
    • M. Stephen Lett (1999)
    • Gerrit Lösch (1994)
    • Anthony Morris (2005)
    • Guy H. Pierce (1999)
    • David H. Splane (1999)
  • minimus
    minimus

Who's in charge now?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    Who's in charge now?

That is the question.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Thanks, Blonde and Soldier.....

• Ding
    Ding

<< Who's in charge now?V >>

Freddy Franz and Ted Jaracz.

They're still following their policies.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This was published in 2009. Of course Ted Jaracz (bottom right ) has since "shuffled off this mortal coil"

At eight members, it is one of the smallest G Bodies for a long time

Re , Who is in charge ?

"Proclaimers" p 106

"The material presented at the convention also led to some clarifications and adjustments that involved the Governing Body. On September 6, 1971, it was resolved that the chairmanship of the Governing Body should rotate among its members, doing so alphabetically. Several weeks later, on October 1, 1971, F. W. Franz became the chairman of the Governing Body for one year."

I have not heard that this has changed, perhaps one of our ex Bethelites can tell us. Of course being a sitting chairman does not mean that you are really in charge. Personality and group psychology are more important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit