My Responsibility to Lurkers- Part I

by TMS 15 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

TMS

• mike047
    mike047

TMS; That's a fairly heavy burden, isn't it??

• ISP
    ISP

And?????

ISP

• TMS
    TMS

To whom were you addressing that conjunction, ISP?

Please elaborate.

TMS

• Amazing
    Amazing

TMS: You are correct. Neither you nor anyone else has any responsibility to Lurkers. Some take on a sense of responsibility by considering the Lurkers and other ex-JW posters. It is truly a volunteer effort, and no one need feel good or bad one way or the other. It just is.

My earlier post about Lurkers could have better stated things ... but I did say that is was "my goal" with no expectations of what other must do. Judging from your comment to that thread, it seems you felt you were being told what to do. No intent was expressed or implied in that respect.

Yes, I recommend keeping Lurkers and other Posters in mind because it is a personal value and opinion. What you or others do, of course, it up to you. But, wouldn't it be nice if by our words and actions we could contribute to the "defining moment" of a Lurker to get free of the Big-O? Just a thought.

• Englishman
    Englishman

TMS,

That was astonishingly subtle. Are you seeking UK citizenship by any chance?

Englishman.

..From the scepter'd Isle kept free by 2 fins and 4 Merlins.

• TMS
    TMS

Amazing,

For over four decades I was in the business of influencing beliefs by my words and attempting to "adorn" those words by impeccable conduct.

Although basically the same person, I am now out of that business.

Thank you for your observations.

TMS

• TMS
    TMS

Englishman,

One of many impediments to my becoming a true Brit would be my stubborn refusal to accept croquet, I mean cricket, as a sport.

TMS

• outnfree
    outnfree

"by our words and actions we could contribute to the "defining moment" of a Lurker to get free of the Big-O"

I have absolutely no desire now, or in the future, to get free of the Big-O myself, and can't think why any red-blooded lurker would want to either!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Amazing
    Amazing

TMS:

For over four decades I was in the business of influencing beliefs by my words and attempting to "adorn" those words by impeccable conduct. Although basically the same person, I am now out of that business.

I am likewise out of that business. Accept it or not, what we do does affect other people ... even if we have no beliefs. For me there is no business ... I attend no meetings, I pass out no literature, and basically let people be what they will be. Given a choice, I gues my question still stands ... thus ... if my owrds have an affect, I like to think that affect will be for the better of others ... whatever that proves to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit