You can get disfellowshipped for a dirty house too!

by GrandmaJones 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Before disfellowshiping would be considered elders would need to be certain that the uncleaness is pronounced and offensive, bringing much reproach upon Jehovah's good name and his people in the community.

The criteria is that if it is known by people in the community that a JW has physical or residential untidiness that is "pronounced and offensive" and subsequently brings Reproach on Jehovahâ„¢ then it is a DFing offense.

Solution: Don't tell anyone that you are a JW.

• Heaven
    Heaven

The instructions should say ...

"Every effort should be made to help the offender see the need to keep his body and place of residence physicaly clean. If no change is seen, a meeting with the person(s) involved should be conducted on what they need to accomplish these tasks. Perhaps involving the Community Care group that can assist with bathing is needed. Regarding the place of residence, offer to come over a help them clean. Ensure that whatever is needed for this person is provided. "

Why is it that JWs can't do the obvious? Why is booting people out their only ultimate solution to all their problems?! This is not aligned with Christ's teachings at all.

• laverite
    laverite

Good point Heaven. Rather than provide real assistance, they default into disfellowship mode. Sick!

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace! C'mon, you all know it's about nothing more than being "clean"... on the outside. Nevermind the "dead men's bones" on the inside... ...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• delilah
    delilah

I remember when i was a kid, my mom's oldest sister was threatened with DF'ing if she didn't clean up her house....we had to go over and help her...it was disgusting!!!! She had 5 kids who did NOTHING to help her either....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Hoarding is really a mental illness, if you ask me. How can they now DF you for being unwell?

I thought EXACTLY the same thing when I read it. It was like DF'ing you for being depressed.

• Mary
    Mary
    Delilah said: I remember when i was a kid, my mom's oldest sister was threatened with DF'ing if she didn't clean up her house....we had to go over and help her...it was disgusting!!!!

That was one time I think disfellowshipping was warranted. I remember your aunt phoning my mom to see if me and my sister wanted to go out there to "visit" and then we'd get there and she'd make us clean her pigsty of a place up. The dishes hadn't been done in a month and the entire place was a disgusting dump. This was also the wacko woman who made me milk one of her goats too one Saturday morning. Frigging ceiling in the barn was just filled with flies although there were probably more in the house. LOL.

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

I can just picture animal feces in a publishers house. When they pass out the Watchtower and Awake it will be literally full of Sh**!

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

H.O.A. for JW members! HAHA

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This thread makes me laugh and it brings back memories.

I remember stories of people with dirty homes who were criticized by over-righteous JWs. Naturally there were hard feelings. I also remember people with dirty cars who were criticized because it was an eyesore and nobody wanted to ride with them. The best was the story about the publisher with body odor and nobody wanted to tell them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit