declaring the truth about the truth during a talk from the platform

by agent zero 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    But isn't it truly sad that a man has to have courage in order to exalt Jesus over a man-made organization in front of a group of people who think they
    are a part of the only true Christian organization on earth?

Yes it is extremely sad...but didn't Jesus have to do the same thing? He was the ultimate apostate in Jew's perspective of that time. If Jesus was to come back during the time of the Jehovah's Witnesses, I can't even imagine what would happen to him. LittleToe stood up for what he believed in front of who knows HOW many people! How many of us can say that we've ever done that.

LooLoo, what do you mean he's "moved on"? Is he an atheist now? Agnostic? Or does he still profess Christianity?

• looloo
    looloo

brotherdan , i presume he is a christian still from the wording he used in his messages , by "moved on" i meant wasnt a regular on jwd anymore , seems a very nice bloke !

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yeah, I think this site is a bridge. If you look at the regular posters 2 or 3 years ago, maybe a few still occasionally post now. Most move on. I hope I don't lose touch with the people here though. So many of you mean so much to me.

• Chalam
    Chalam

LittleToe hasn't been around for about a year. Here are the last couple of threads he posted on.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/member/4125/posted/323

He PMed me his email around the same time.

His kingdom hall speech reminded me much of Stephen's Acts 7

Hope you are doing well Ross :)

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• GrandmaJones
  • Honesty
    Honesty

Little Toe visited the United Staes, met a former JW and eventually married her.

Last I heard they are living a very fulfilling and happy borg-free life in Scotland.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Good for him!

I agree Stephen! He was like Stephen in Acts. He didn't Watchtower bash. He didn't critisize any person. He merely said why he could not, in good conscience, be a Jehovah's Witness anymore. It actually gave me the chills.

• Ding
    Ding

Did anyone in his congregation come out because of his stand?

• designs
    designs

Isn't this a little like arguing the Filioque.

Et in Spiritum Santum, Dominum, et vivificatem qui ex Patre Filioque procedit

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I guess a little. I think he was just trying to say that Jesus was not given enough honor by JWs, and that was upsetting to him. But I don't think he really was trying to prove any specific point about who the Spirit comes from or anything...

or is that not what you meant, designs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit