New Elder's book question

by startingover 3 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

I read a comment on a facebook page after it first came out that they are now capitalizing faithful and discrete slave in the book and not capitalizing he or him when referring to god. Just curious if anyone knows anything about that or saw it on facebook.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

No, but I am sure that I saw it mentioned here on the board. I don't remember who....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could see the "F&DS" caps, but to even imagine them not capitalizing "He" or "Him" for God would be quite a strange change. It could be that a new person is working the keyboard and their spellcheck doesn't catch that. I'd hold off on any further speculation deeper than something like that unless they explain it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Know that Jehovah is God. It is he that has made us, and not we ourselves." (Ps.100:3)

"And if God put us here, he surely had a reason for doing so." (YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER IN PARADISE ON EARTH, page 71, paragraph 6.)

I don't recall the WTB&TS's ever capitalizing masculine personal pronouns (except, of course, at the beginning of a sentence). I worked in proofreading.

Will look further ...

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit