How many have you gotten out of the Borg?

by TweetieBird 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I'll start -

I have officially gotten 2 out so far, which is more than I ever got into it, with the exception of my son that I begged NOT to get baptized. He, however, is disfellowshipped now and wants nothing to do with the organization.

• Ding
    Ding

A family of 5, that I know of.

Hopefully more that I don't know of.

I've also tried to help several who came out without my involvement to adjust to life outside the collective.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

a family of three - they were almost out but i gave them a shove

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Five and counting. All of them are very appreciative.

• Heaven
    Heaven

You guys are amazing!

Unfortunately, death has removed more than I have. I do, however, inform anyone who brings them up as a topic of conversation about the realities of the religion. So hopefully I am preventing any new signups.

• alanv
    alanv

I think it is very hard for us to know definately who we have helped out, but I do know I saved my younger son from joining when my eldest son joined them.

Also many of us write on JW forums and I know there are many who are helped there by all the ex witnesses who expose what really goes on in the tower.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I was the last...aside from my dad, but that's still a maybe.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

This is encouraging. I think for sure one, and two more are showing signs of doubts. I am hoping to get most of them. I don't think my one son and his wife will ever come out. He is an elder, and he and his wife both pioneer. He was at Bethel for a little while for a special project and roomed with another guy in the same situation. He came back and raved about the experience. He has made several more applications to go while still single, and even now, he and his wife want to sell their house and go do missionary work.

As far as the rest of my children go, I am hopeful. My family has always said what they think, and I know for absolute fact that they differ in thought about certain things than the WT. I have one sibling who I think will come out. The others live so far away that I doubt I can reach them.

If I can get out my husband, the other children, grandchildren, and my one sibling close by, I will be happy that I have done as much as possible. After that, it'll be all gravy....

My husband will be a piece of cake. But he has such a big mouth, and can never contain himself on ANY subject. He has to be last. He'll try to convert the whole congregation within a week. We will both be disfellowshipped immediately.

I plan to get books on cults today and Ray's Freedom book. If I can get them, even one today, I will go off the board for whatever time it takes to read them all, because after all, the Watchtower has taught me to "prepare".

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Wife, sister, and father-in-law. So.. 3 people, so far, and I'm not giving up!

• wobble
    wobble

Good luck GrandmaJones, and all of you guys trying.

I made an effort with family members and congregation members, but to no avail so far. I nearly got myself DF'd for trying too hard with one guy, a M.S who betrayed my confidence.

I don't feel so urgent about it as I did, if they want to stay in with all the mind control and totally stupid doctrine ,like the over-lapping generation,then they can wallow in the WT s**t .

If I get the chance though, I still challenge their position, they are so smug and self-righteous, with nothing in the way of proof or evidence to back up their claims.

A fine, encouraging " report " from all so far, thank you ! (You can submit your hours to me if you like)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit