Thanks to you - I think I bought myself some time....

by dssynergy 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

So I've been working out of town the last month and I'm back home for a couple of weeks to attend a conference and some business meetings. My mom while I was away has been concerned about my meeting attendance (haven't gon in almost a year, except memorial) - even when I was home she was concerned. So today, when we met up for dinner - inevitibly, my meeting attendance came up as a topic of concern.

She's talked to me about it a few months before - and really it is out of motherly concern. I ascribe no negative motivations to her. And after examining the root of why I am not going to meetings now - it came down to this: I'm depressed and I just don't care. So that is what I told her. I think now that I said it, she will not apply any more pressure on me for a while.

At one point, she did ask "well, do you not believe the truth?" - I told her I do believe the truth - and I do here and there. I didn't see any reason to bring up my own doubts or concerns. That would just cause more panic on her end.

so - at the end of it all - I think she won't push it too much, although after a while she will mention it again just so she feels like she did her duty. I think I bought myself some time.

And I have to attribute my success in some part to the cool headedness afforded to me by reading all of your experiences (successes and mistakes). It really helped me to attain my goal of fading while causing as little upset among my family and friends as possible, and maintaing contact with those I love.

xoxoxox

DS

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Glad it's working it out well for you. It really does help to take a breath and think before acting rashly.

-Aude.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

you didnt tell her that you started your own church in your living room reading the bible?....hahaha! Good Job Fader!

• Hadit
    Hadit

That's great! I'm glad that it's worked for you and that you are able to accomplish your goals. It's nice to have experiences to read on here for what works and what doesn't. I know I wish I kept quiet when I first found out but I was in panic mode and I didn't know how to handle it. I try to keep quiet now and just plant seeds of doubt.

Hope it continues to go well for you!

Hadit

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

No - I didn't mention the church I started....haha!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good for you!!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done ...lets hope you can strategically hang on to your family.

Loz x

• chickpea
    chickpea

i was THAT mom for a while.... although several of my kids were
    quite young at the time the eldest was skating for the doors...

it IS motivated by FEAR, heavily seasoned with love,
    that desire to reel the wayward back in.... after all,
    you WILL die at armaggedon unless you have been
    kissing the ass of the GB and its minions, doncha know?

hopefully your mother will be able to shut off the noise machine
    the b0rg constantly blasts with their fear-mongering about the
    BIG A and the fate of the faithless and heathens so you and she
    can continue to have a somewhat normal and rational relationship!!!

cheers!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Congratulations with this success. I am using this as well. So far, so good.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Yep...no sense burning any bridges by explaining your personal thoughts about the " organization" when she isn't capable of understand or accept them at this stage. The less said the better, somtimes. It makes things much easier if you can have the best of both worlds so to speak.

P.S. I love the question...." don't you believe the truth ? " What are you supposed to say to that ?....." No...I only beleive lies ?? "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit