Jesus carrying the torture stake?

by sacolton 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

I don't recall seeing any illustrations in a Watchtower or Awake magazine of Jesus dragging a 300 lbs. torture stake (in his condition) to Golgotha. Do they really think he was capable of this?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Ummm, he was Jesus.

-Sab

• sacolton
    sacolton

Oooooooh ... good answer.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

And I'm sure the Romans had a Bobcat with post-hole-digger attachment parked there on top of the skull place just waiting for Jesus to carry that half-a-telephone-pole up the hill to them.

The entire concept is ludicrous. More likely, since this was a place of regular execution, there was a relatively permanent structure built on the site upon which criminals were hanged. Perhaps they were made to carry the cross-piece of wood, were nailed to it, and then it was mounted on to the structure but you'll never convince me that they were able to dig holes both deep enough and narrow enough to support a 300-pound pole with a 175 pound man nailed to it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Greatest Man book has a drawing of Simon of Cyrene dragging a single wooden beam.

• sir82
    sir82

Philosophical question:

Can Jesus create a torture stake so heavy that even he can't lift it?

• notverylikely
  • sacolton
    sacolton

OH, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

In Galatians 6:14 he says:

But may it never be that I should boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
    What does this scripture mean to a JW?
  • PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Mad, your talking about the Roman empire. Read about the Coliseum and the aqueducts. You don't think they can dig a hole?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit