Anyone know the reasons why not?

by letsslatejws 7 Replies latest jw friends

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Jews may not eat any blood, so all meats need to be salted and soaked in a special way to clear all blood. Why didnt the JW's take this on board too, when then are so fanatical about not taking blood transfusions? Any ideas guys?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If the JWs don't have a legitimate claim to being "different", they simply create one.

The Jews accept blood transfusions, but go to great lengths to remove the blood from food. The JWs do the opposite.

Different. "No part of the world."

• blondie
  • letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

The JEW's accept blood transfusions! You are kidding me ..... What the hell are the JW's playing at

• cantleave
    cantleave

Blood transfusion is not the same as "eating" blood. If you were starving, would a blood transfusion save you from dying or even ward off malnutrition?

• Podobear
    Podobear

The difference is the giving and the taking. In order to eat meat you "take" life from an unwilling victim. The life force (in the blood) is returned to God.

If someone donates blood, that is a gift. This is, it is given... not taken. It is shared. Therefore the acceptance of a blood transfusion should be a matter of individual conscience.

Personally I find the thought of accepting an organ of any sort from another.... repulsive.

That is MY choice.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

As a kid, this used to puzzle me too. But I was brainwashed into just accepting it.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Blood transfusion is not the same as "eating" blood. If you were starving, would a blood transfusion save you from dying or even ward off malnutrition?

I know what you are saying here, but they would tell you ( Doctors that they are) that if you were starving and were fed nutrients intaveniously,it would be the same as if you had eaten. So they feel that taking a blood transfusion is the same as eating blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit