November is National Novel Writing Month

by JeffT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

www.nanowrimo.org is a website devoted to National Novel writing month. Every year it hosts a contest to write 50,000 words between November 1 st and 30 th . It seems like a great way to kick off a writing project, so I registered.

My author profile page is here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/489461

You can check in and see how I’m doing.

The book I will be working on is a prequel to one that I’m currently trying to get published. Both are based very loosely on my fifteen years with the Jehovah’s Witness. Some of you reading this on my facebook page may wonder what that means. Feel free to ask. I told my daughter that this one could be described as “The Da Vinci Code” meets “Silence of the Lambs.”

Those of you reading this on HPCA: the gauntlet has been thrown, feel free to take the challenge.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if I could write a novel in a month.......................

• JeffT
    JeffT

Come on over Blondie, nothing ventured nothing gained. My usual MO is about 500 words a day. 50K in a month should be interesting.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Best of luck to you. I write also so this is great!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hmmm ...

Syl

• tec
    tec

I think I'm going to try this, this year. It might be just the thing I need to get over this writer's block. I don't know if I'm going to register though, or if I'm just going to do it. I can write 2k a day. Less for the first few chapters, and then whammo... sometimes more.

Tammy

• therevealer
    therevealer

Is there a "story" writing month so that the society can get involved?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Tammy, you should register. It's free, and there it is not about winners vs losers. We can be writing buddies. I'm registered as Jeff Thomas

• tec
    tec

Okay. I did it. I don't know if I can write an entire novel in 50 000 words, but we'll see :) I buddied you.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

JeffT, you have inspired me! Sent you a PM. Cheers, Mattieu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit