Bible written for the anointed....

by Momma-Tossed-Me 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

TD is brilliant.

(I felt that needed to be said.)

• caliber
    caliber

The line of distinction between the anointed and great crowd was clearly made back in the late 30's and the forties by

the expression .. Jehovah's (w)itnesses and their companions,. I can't find it at the moment but apparently

in the 30-40's (there abouts) the Jehovah's witness ( anointed ones ) and the great crowd (companions ) at some Kingdom Halls sat on

different sides from each other at the meetings . They were in the literal sense set apart from each other !

• therevealer
    therevealer

It was always important to me to make that point that I was "ONE of Jehovah's Witnesses" in contrast to "a Jehovah's Witness" or even worse "a Jehovah witness"

• caliber
    caliber

To say a Jehovah's Witness always seemed so foreign and wrong .. yet in effect we were saying our prime identifier is

being "one of" a religious group on earth.. not a Witness for the God in heaven .

It is not unlike the latest inclusion of this question just before baptism

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Official WT theology states that the Bible is a "mystery", a "sacred secret". Only the leadership can properly interpret it. In fact, they insist that if a person only reads the Bible, he or she will return to the teachings of apostate Christendom.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jesus came for all, he died for all and his Gospel is for all.

You will NOT find any passage in the NT that says that the Gospel, scriptures, New Covenant or mediation is ONLY for the annointed.

BUT, even if it did, since being annointed means having/being sealed by the HS and, by the words of Paul, anyone the proclaime Jesus is Lord is sealed by the HS, then ALL that believe in Jesus ARE annointed.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, as the term "anointed" really means nothing now - we could say that the Bible was written only for the Governing Body.

• Inkie
    Inkie

PSacto:

Jesus came for all, he died for all and his Gospel is for all.

Indeed, ALL are invited, but not ALL are chosen.

You will NOT find any passage in the NT that says that the Gospel, scriptures, New Covenant or mediation is ONLY for the annointed.

I think this thought is a bit backward, so to speak (no offense intended). It really is, the scriptures of the Old Testament were written ONLY for the nation of Israel. The Revelation of the Apostle John was written for the Christian (read “Anointed”) congregation. The Gospel is for all to hear as it is an “invitation” to enter into the New Covenant. And as for the mediation, it too is for ALL who are or have been chosen, but ALL are invited.

BUT, even if it did, since being annointed means having/being sealed by the HS and, by the words of Paul, anyone the proclaime Jesus is Lord is sealed by the HS, then ALL that believe in Jesus ARE annointed.

Close, but not exactly. ‘Being anointed means having/being sealed by the Holy Spirit,’ yes. But not all who believe in Jesus are anointed. There are millions on earth today who believe in Jesus. That does not necessarily make them anointed. There is quite a difference. Being anointed means having been chosen AND having received the holy spirit from Jaheshua. Receiving the holy spirit is in fact the evidence of your having been chosen. It is the “token” of which Paul spoke.

Have you received the holy spirit? If, yes. Excellent! If not, then you should request it from Him. He and His Father, Jah, give freely.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Has anyone done any research to debunk that theory?

The Bible "debunks" that theory, dear MTM (peace to you!). Through John's words to the anointed in his first letter:

"These things I write YOU about those who are trying to mislead YOU . And as for YOU , the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU , and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU ; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him." 1 John 2:26-27

Just like many others, I read the Bible... and read from the Bible... and studied the Bible... and searched the scriptures, etc. And what? Nothing except a whole lot of "stuff" I THOUGHT I knew/understood. It wasn't until what John spoke of occurred with me that I came to know that the Bible is NOT for the anointed. It is for unbelievers.

Again, I bid you peace... and ears to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... free!"

A slave of Christ, the Holy Spirit...

SA

• justmom
    justmom

Wow! that was a good point made...

Also, remember "The law (what was written) was a tutor leading to Christ" once you have come to be known by him, holy spirit fills you and it is Him that teaches and recalls all things to You.

That annointing.

You no longer need ANYTHING written anymore if of course our faith is willing to open our hears and eyes to hear and see spiritual things.

What is written is at times used to help recall, reprove or set matters straight. But it is because WE ourselves get in the way and don't hear clearly.

What a good reminder for me....love you all

Faithful Abel, enoch, Joseph, Noah, Jacob, etc....What book did they have? Where was the law?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit