In a nutshell, what is the wackiest jw thing?

by stuckinarut2 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Omg oubli, do their parents know they are being taught science by an EX witness? SCIENCE? Lol.

I love that you are focusing on evidence in class with them.

• kaik
    kaik

This is tough choice. I think the wackiest one I remember when they claimed that Jesus selected his bride after his return in 1914, waited 3.5 years and had find it among pack of prisoners charged with sedition in 1918.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

This teaching about spirit mediums:

From 1920 WT publication "Talking with the Dead":

p. 116 Materializations
    "These materializations occur by a power which the demons posess of being able to draw out of the mediums body connected streams of the cells of which her body is composed, and then changing the form of these living cells into any desired appearance. They thus transform the medium into a hideous octopus-like creature, and this is the reason seances occur in a dimly lit room, with the medium in a cabinet, so that the circle of investigators cannot witness the horrible scene as it really is."

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Here's another JW wacky belief from not-too-long-ago about the "proper handling of and respect for" blood.

Remember when JWs were counselled about needing to be so careful about blood even in our pet food or fertilizer? Yes, fertilizer. The stuff you put on ... the ground. This even though it was biblically-approved to pour the blood onto the ground.

It was considered disrespectful to use fertilizer which contained blood processed in this way.

But, now, fractions of blood are okay! - but only as long as you don't use any of your own blood or store your own blood. Take other people's blood (excuse me, blood fractions!) but never, never, ever help save anybody else or yourself by donating or storing your own blood.

Makes me wonder if there is any new light now about fertilizer. Fertilizer is probably okay as long as it proceeds from the mouths of the....

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ notsurewheretogo,

"These materializations occur by a power which the demons posess of being able to draw out of the mediums body connected streams of the cells of which her body is composed, and then changing the form of these living cells into any desired appearance."

In the world of the paranormal that is known as ectoplasm. The image below shows what these 'spirit mediums' are doing. It's fake of course and the Witchtower falls for it.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    It is also looked upon askance if a wife should, god forbid, sit on an AISLE seat. Any married sister who would be so brazen to do such a thing is totally showing her lack of submission and obvious usurping of her husbands headship.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

haha MuddyWaters!

Indeed...any "sister" who has an outspoken or enthusiastic personality is considered to be proud and subversive!

Yes...a potential "jezebel" influence!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OK, so as brought out in the memorial talk:

The "FACT" that people will LIVE FOREVER!

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha...

How did we EVER think this was true?

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros
    During their meetings Jehovah's Witnesses constantly are taught that they are so much better than the "Worldly People". It is not surprising that they come to believe it.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about the way the GB uses seemingly innocent or innocuous topics in the magazines designed to attract the public? Eg, a topic about 'family life' or 'employment' etc....

Then once they people are sucked in , the wacky, weird, strange teachings come out.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit