In a nutshell, what is the wackiest jw thing?

by stuckinarut2 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate
    That a baptized young brother can't ride alone with an octogenarian pioneering sister because worldly people may think that some dating/hanky-panky may be going on.
  • dozy
    dozy

Some of the nonsense surrounding the ban on blood transfusions are the wackiest , especially as the Society is playing around with people's lives by their often Pharisaical regulations on what is and isn't allowed.

The Society saying that JWs aren't allowed to transfuse whole blood but being allowed to use haemoglobin ( ie 99+% of the red blood cell ) because it is a "fraction" seems completely ridiculous. It's like being told you can't eat an apple but are allowed to eat it if it is peeled because then it is a "fraction of an apple". In fact - the whole "fractions are allowed" idea is nonsense - it's like being told you can't eat a pizza unless you peel of all the ingredients - cheese , pepperoni , onions , bread base - and eat them individually.

Also the evolving idea that you can't have some of your own blood removed , stored for a while , then re-transfused but you can have it "temporarily" stored through a cellsaver or haemodilution arrangement. So as long as it goes though some kind of machine , is filtered , and there isn't too much of a delay , then that is OK ( in fact , more than that - recommended - as JWs will often save up to buy cellsaver machines. )

• stillin
    stillin
    They say that it's love when they shoot their wounded.
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

My 82 year old mother is having bloodless open heart surgery this next Tuesday at St Joseph's in Denver. Her red blood count is already dangerously low.

Try explaining this one to your work mates and friends without looking like the biggest wack nut there is !

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    The Beard ban...Sorry brother Jesus, we can't let you give a talk until you are clean cut enough to represent Jehovah's organization in America. How mich more unscriptural can you get?
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere

Oh my there are several bizarre beliefs/tteachings from the dubs.

1. Blood fraction. Whaaaat? Mind boggling...

2. That you can get the blood donate personality transfusions in with a blood transfusion, or become a crackhead. Okaaay.

3. That you can be infested by a demon if you get earrings at a garage sale

4. That apostate literature can bring demons into your home...

Etc. Etc.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Finkel nailed the biggest one to me or any other bible believer. And that is that Jesus's 2nd coming has already arrived. He arrived over 100 years ago.

Scripture is quite clear that EVERY EYE WILL SEE.

Weird

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

It's funny that 1914 happened to bring WW I, so that is the one date they stuck with. It's so ridiculous thinking about it now. A doomsday cult saying 'the end is coming in THIS year!' And then them saying...oh it happened, it was just invisible.

and yes, even after the prophesy said every eye would SEE it.

I feel stupid. no I never fully believed, but I mostly believed. And why the heck didn't I speak up more.

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    The whole 1914 thing is so wacky to me and secondly the whole 2300 day period from the Daniel book that they try and apply literally to Rutherfords imprisonment.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

The equivalent to Catholic infant baptism, letting children make the decision to get baptized when they are not even done growing up! This last assembly, a 12 year old girl took the dunk and you could just tell she did not even know what kind of commitment she was signing up for. Preposterous!

How dare they criticize any other religion where the infants or very young are baptized?!

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit