The best (& the worst) Halloween candy?

by serenitynow! 22 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I've never celebrated Halloween but I know what candy I would have wanted. Hershey bars, Reese's cups, peppermint patties.

The worst for me would be Mary Janes, Squirrels, any maple flavoured candies. Sometimes the expensive, exotic candies are the worst! I ate a chocolate covered caramel that had what appeared to be raw sugar grains on the top, turned out to be big grains of salt, gross!

What about candy corn? Alot of people hate it, but they are addictive! I heard candy corn and peanuts together are great! Also heard almond joys are delicious frozen!

What do you like? What do the kids like? I haven't decided whether I'm going to stay home and give out candy, or go to an exJW meetup on Sunday.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Be prepared to give out Candy on Saturday too!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Read one of my latest topics about it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Best.."Oh Henry" chocolate bars..

http://www.lollyshopwangi.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/oh-henry.jpg

The Worst.."Candy Coated Lint Balls" from the Clothes Dryer..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Outlaw, you hush, before I put some pennies in your bag!

ASO, you think they'll knock on Saturday? Should I get a costume and candy for Saturday?

• Jewel
    Jewel

Best: Mini Baby Ruth bars

Also Good: Mini Hershey bars, Mounds, Almond Joy, Snickers, Twix, Reese's PB Cups

Bad: Hard candies, toothbrushes (but that's not candy), pencils (again, not chocolate)

This is the first year in 21 years that we haven't carved pumpkins. Oldest "child" is 22 and youngest 2 are in college. We're making do with those carved "faux" pumpkins and they look cute and are definitely less messy and much less likely to go to mush on the porch but still feeling a bit nostalgic.

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

I'm a snickers girl. I love them frozen too. Lol. That's my favorite.

View Image

• JeffT
    JeffT

I will confess that I like candy corn.

I hate malt balls.

Outlaw: if you show up at my door I'm going to put an old WT and Awake in your bag.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Candy corn is awesome!

Also, Whoppers (mini boxes), lollipops, tootsie rolls, anything individually wrapped would be easier.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm a huge sucker for Kit Kat bars. Love em. Kit Kat bars with milk or beer are to die for!!! The women at my job bought me some kit kat bars. I love that they care about me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit