Are some Jehovah's Witnesses delusional?

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Some of the comments are hilarious.

It is possible that everyone is delusional, including you and me. There are many different belief systems represented in this forum, not all of them can be accurate.

'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.' Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do you think the Genocide of our Entire Planet..

So Jehovah`s Witness`s can Pet Lions and Talk to BlueBerrys,is Delusional?..

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/lion.jpghttp://petewarden.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/09/salesman.png

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Billen76
    Billen76

Quote Ding

<< The question is why so many continue after they have become disillusioned. >>

1. They don't want to lose family and friends.

2. They have too much effort invested in the WTS to risk throwing it away:

"What if the WTS is right after all?"

3. They don't think there is anywhere else to go:

"If this isn't the truth, what is?

End quote

I believe we sometimes have dig a bit deeper and find some base fears or wishes, that is played upon by the WTS (or other controlling religions for that matter). So I will reply:

1. Insecurity of social acceptance (a wish for or fear of loosing)

2. Insecurity in one self (a wish for being assurred or fear of being insufficient/"not good enough")

3. Insecurity in the unknown. (a wish for a safe enviroment or fear of the unknown/of changes)

If on glances atthe back cover of the new elders book, we will see the elders in front as the wise man guiding the listening and admirering family before him. A protector, a guide. Isn't that just a nice picture to see one self in?

But what if the elder becomes disillusoned? Can he let go of that picture? Will he start redefining his advices and his part, continuing to guide and protect? Guide in what? Protect from what? To keep "them" safe from the Organisations rule and control? :-)

Or will he let go of the picture and become a "normal" human being like the rest of the worlds population, nor wiser nor dumper than the rest? Can he believe in his fellow human beings capability to handle the truth (about "The Truth") and their own lifes?

Or will he insist on being "the protector" and "the guide" for the people, feeling insulted when "they" insist on handling their own problems and defining their own lifes? Perhaps trying to force his position as guide and protector

The willing and the unwilling. There is a difference.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

If they would all be delusional, why many of them are DF or DA? Are some of them delusional? Yes, as long as they carry the No-blood declaration in their wallet.

• Scully
    Scully

A delusion is defined as "a fixed belief that is either false, fanciful or derived from deception that is held despite evidence to the contrary."

Faith is defined as "the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of reality though not beheld."

same, same.

• truthlover
    truthlover

My two cents

I am over the disillusionist part - now it's cold hard facts --they are not "THE WAY,THE TRUTH -many beliefs started around the same time in the 1800's - all suspect -- and yes, I do not want to leave my friends and family, what I have -- to old to change

just keep looking ahead and put a large ? mark by anything in the mags that is incorrect to my understanding of what the Bible says..

TL

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Are some Jehovah's Witnesses delusional?

No.

ALL of them are delusional.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit