UK Posters/Lurkers

by ISP 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Mommy, do you do counted cross stitch or printed cross stitch? I've done some of each. I'm always afraid I'll lose count on the counted cross stitch, though.

Path, don't worry about the holes in the scarf....they can be very decorative. Don't forget, men in the Aran Isles ALWAYS were the knitters. It's a relaxing hobby. I made scarves for my daughter and her boyfriend for Christmas (shhhh....don't tell anybody I celebrated). The yarn I used was pretty amazing. It's so lightweight that the finished scarf weighs only 1/4 oz. Beautiful stuff....and very warm.

I learned all kinds of stuff as a JW....since there were no young JW's in my area and I had NO social life. Instead, I learned to knit, crochet, needlepoint, do crewel embroidery, and hook rugs. In fact, being a hooker (of rugs) helped me through some pretty bad emotional times.....great therapy.

• mommy
    mommy

Red,
    I do counted, kinda makes the eyes BOGGY, but I feel a much better end product.
    I envy you ALL your skills. This is not being passed down, as it should.Eventually knitting will be like basket weaving, only done in 3rd world countries:)
    mommy

• slugga
    slugga

*waves*

I'm in West London,

• Clam
    Clam

I've lived mainly in Kent and London. When in Kent lived in Dover, Canterbury and Thanet. I live in Cornwall now though which I love, but still miss London.

• ballistic
    ballistic

As the post is reserrected - someone may wish to resserect this one...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/28455/8.ashx

and I promise I will do an update in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit