My column today on Freeminds - Being Disfellowshipped

by Lady Lee 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xelder
    xelder

Lee.....I'm so sorry

How many times have I sat on a JC and been"helping a couple". I never had a clue what the wives really felt.....why they seemed so trodden down. I'm so sorry I ever participated.....

I'm just so grateful that you have recovered and can be such a giving and forgiving person....please understand that many of us elders (especially if "raised in the truth") were just mindless and controlled too....not that I'm excusing myself.....

I feel very guilty and have contributed to losing my dear wife and marriage too....we are still friends....she's out of the borg too...we both faded. I see more than ever what this religion has done to the women.....I'm so sorry.

Thanks for helping so many

• Mandette
    Mandette

Lady Lee,

I'm so sorry for what you had to go through to get some peace of mind. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's something that's repeated often from that HATEFUL religion.

I don't comment much on this site, but I do read and value your posts.

I hope you've found some peace and contentment in your life.

Mandette

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

xelder

It's funny of the 3 elders I think one just thought he was doing the right thing, I think one got outvoted and one was determined to get me out. The first did not know me personally at all. In the few years in the cong I don't think we ever had a conversation about anything. The one who got outvoted knew my past and knew about the sexual abuse. He knew what it had done to me because at one point he told me his wife had been sexually abused as a child. But I don't think there was anything he could have done to talk the other two out of it. And the last is the one I thought would have supported me the most. He was our book study conductor. We had him and his family to our home many times for a meal. I thought we were friends. Boy was I wrong. About 5 years after I left I thought I might want to go back so I called him and we had a meeting. He was rude, insensitive and just plain mean. This was not the person I knew. I went to a meeting like he suggested. Before the WT study started he announced from the platform that my ex would be reading that day - a last minute substitute he said and so I had to sit there while my ex was up on the platform being Bro. See-how-God-had-blessed-him. And at the end the conductor asked my ex to say the prayer. Talk about rubbing it in my face!

That was it for me. I never went back. I can forgive the ones who thought they were doing the right thing. Hey I didn't know any better either. What I can't forgive was this elders cruelty and meanness.

You have no idea if one of those women are reading this right now. Reading that an elder realizes finally how wrong it all was. Reading a heart-felt apology goes a long long way to healing the wounds. Thank you.

Mandette

I have found peace. I have two daughters that want nothing to do with the Witnesses. Shunning them because of me hurt them a lot but it got them out. And I have 3 grandchildren that I adore and who love me. In spite of health problems life is good - better than I ever expected. My life-long depression lifted after I left the ex and the JWs. Even though I was very busy in school, some semesters taking as many as 11 courses at a time, my stress-related health problems disappeared and I stoppped feeling like I wanted to commit suicide. Haven't felt either in the 25 years since.

That alone made it all worth it although I still wish I had the courage then to just walk out.

• bohm
    bohm

Lee - its a heartbreaking story. The endless dicking around in other peoples sex life is one of the worst aspects of the judicial hearings, and it seem to be an all to common story.

I can understand such a thing can be attractive to the average sexually repressed powertripping jerk who happends to be an elder, i dont understand why the people who make the rules dont try to install rules to prevent it; if anything it seem to be encouraged in the flock book.

Im glad you have come so far you feel you can share your story, and i hope it will help the unfortunately many who can relate to it directly :-(.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lady Lee it makes me so angry to read your story. So many of us have been wrongfully disfellowshipped ...its criminal. At least you turned it around and came out on top...thats the good bit.

Loz x

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Lady Lee,

My heart goes out to you for how you have suffered and it is warmed by the strength you have shown.

I do have to ask though, and do not take offense, but have you been able to forgive them?

• tec
    tec

Lady Lee, I am awed by your strength. The strong woman you made yourself into after all of that abuse. I do not understand how they (elders/witnesses/etc) can read or hear the details of stories like yours and not feel the guilt on their own heads. Or on your ex-husband's, for that matter.

Tammy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

An update on this story OMG Miracles do happen

WOW is all I can say

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Zid,
    has anyone told you lately how eeeevil minded you are..."

Why, yes, WasBlind, people do occasionally mention it...

But - [gushing, here...] DAH - Ling!! It is absolutely WUHN-derful to hear it, coming from you!!!

[and now, I have to slap myself back onto topic...]

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "He swears all women are evil and refuses to marry again..."

Yeah, that moron WOULD blame it on the "wimmin"; it certainly would never be HIS fault...

The eligible Jehovah's Witness women within his reach will never know what they escaped... One of them could have been his next victim...

I'd sure like to send some really BAD 'karma', in HIS direction... Wait, never mind... He probably attracts it like steel filings to a magnet...

And now I've gotta go read that link!!

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit