NCAA College Football

by snowbird 41 Replies latest social physical

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I sure hope not Syl, otherwise I may have reconsider my allegiance to his team.

• freydo
  • freydo
    freydo

The Game
    "If you missed it, Boise State beat Oklahoma in overtime, 43-42. But the game was so much more awesome than that. Boise State surprised me (and just about everyone else) by leading for much of the game, achieving it not through tricks or fluke plays, but by going toe to toe with the Sooners and winning. Then they blew the lead, Oklahoma took the lead on a pick-six, and Boise State had to stage a comeback. They ran into a little trouble with that, and faced 4th and 18. No problem, they just ran a hook-and-ladder to perfection to tie the game up. Fox cut to a shot of Bob Stoops, whose look said very clearly: "What the hell?"

The game went into overtime, and on the first play, Adrian Peterson cruised through the Boise State defense for a touchdown. Order was restored, and it was maintained up until 4th and 2 for the Broncos. That's when they ran a WR pass that resulted in another touchdown, and another "What the hell?" shot of Stoops. Boise State then lined up to go for two, and Oklahoma called a time out, presumably to allow Stoops to explain to BSU coach Chris Petersen that that's just not how things are done in big time football. Petersen evidently ignored him, reached into the jar of trick plays, and pulled out a Statue of Liberty play, which also worked to perfection. One last "What the hell?" shot of Stoops, and game over. Bob's press conference didn't consist entirely of profanity and confused looks, but regardless of what he said, we know what he was thinking: What the hell?"

http://the-614.blogspot.com/2007/01/fiesta-bowl-taste-of-things-to-come-and.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Duuh7vLZE&feature=related

• freydo
    freydo

Well, there were two significant things to report on New Years Day in an otherwise meaningless day,

(for those of you who don't comprehend football very well)

1) TCU beat the best Wisconsin team that Wisconsin has had in at least 10 years.

.......meaning that there will be two undefeated teams in a couple of weeks.

......And one of them will be given no consideration for being the best.

2) The BIG TEN went 0-5

........meaning that maybe they should merge with the BIG EAST, or the MOUNTAIN WEST.

........and that "pencil-neck" Gordon Gee should keep his collegiate knowledge confined to academia.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    ... And one of them will be given no consideration for being the best.

Each night, Andy Dalton checks underneath his bed to see if Cam Newton is hiding there.

On another note, how about Alabama and their beating the brakes off Michigan State?

Those Northern guys need to eat more cornbread!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Who's going to win the BCS????????

Syl

• dinah
    dinah

Sylvia, I think Oregon will. *don't shoot me*

There is more stuff coming to light on the whole Cam Newton thing. They are still chasing the money trail.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm shaking in my shoes, Dinah.

I sooooo want Chizik to have his turn!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, and I don't believe there is any money trail.

Otherwise, surely it would have been found by now.

Syl

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

for those of you who don't comprehend football very well

Thanks for clearing that up. Obviously those who don't share your assessment of the Mountain West as a power conference don't comprehend football.

Now maybe you can connect the BCS to the New World Order for us, and demontstrate how the zionists are the driving force behind it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit