If this ain't a prophecy, what is?

by wasblind 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

On page 97 In the reasoning book it states: " Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the "Great Tribulation" in which the present wicked world will end."

if you have a reasoning book pick it up!!!!!!!

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Wasblind, this is just one of many. They used to print essentially the same thing in each issue of the WT and Awake. They said it was the "Creator's promise" to bring in the new system before the generation alive in 1914 passes away. There are countless others. They claim that it's ok since they never said "This is Jehovah has said:....."

• wasblind
    wasblind

It's not ok ,

In the Sept 15, 2010 WatchTower they claim that what they teach is from God not men, and that makes them false prophets

I dare any JW to claim otherwise. If you were to remind a JW of what they used to print in the mag they would feel free

to deny it because it's no longer printed that way in the mag. But they still use the reasoning book. At least for now

• wasblind
    wasblind

And may I remind you , using the word " will " shows that this is gonna happen. it makes it absolute

• bennyk
    bennyk

drewcoul writes:

They claim that it's ok since they never said "This is Jehovah has said:....."

Actually, they did:

"Jehovah's prophetic word through Jesus Christ is: 'This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.' (Luke 21:32) And Jehovah, who is the source of inspired an unfailing prophecy, will bring about the fulfillment."
    --The Watchtower, May 15, 1984, pgs. 6-7 (Brackets in original).

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you bennyk,

And for everyones reading pleasure you will also find

"Jehovah's prophetic word through Jesus Christ: 'This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.'

on the bottom of page 97-98 in the Reasoning from the Scriptures book.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Playing the devil's advocate, the Reasoning book is still correct since "this generation" has been re-defined to include two (for now -- with new light they'll spin it to three at the appropriate time) generations.

Len

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Fat freak,

you playin' my game now baby, read my post again,

within that it states "" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene,"

that statement is clearly separating the generation that was alive in 1914 from any other.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Also Fat freak,

turn to page 239 in the reasoning book. It states that "the generation that was alive at the beginning

of the fullfillment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years. the time remaining must be very short."

Fred Franz died in the early 1990's, if you include the generation that was born in the early 90's before Franz died, they are not

well along in years. The WT is specifically talkin' bout one generation here not an overlapin'

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Ah, yes, bro WasBlind -- your point is well taken. I understand, and it's a good one.

However (as he takes another one of his rebuttal arrows out of his quiver) our "new light alibi" allows us to re-define certain (if not all) of our teachings (it's like that American Express advertisement -- we never leave home without it). "The generation" teaching used to be defined exactly as you quote from the Reasoning book. Not any longer as it's been revised because of "new light". Oh, we haven't got around to updating that publication as yet but we will thanks to your calling our attention to this instance. By the way, if you know of any other instances, please pass them along. The sheeples will appreciate our consistent alterations as well.

That's what publishers like us are good at doing, we go in and alter the publication and thanks to computers (and our much-used alibi) it's quite easy these days, thanks to Jehovah. Oh, and Fred would be real proud -- and relieved, I might add.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit