Is Canola oil good for us?

by asilentone 27 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I hate to do this to you Nathan Natas...but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I suppose you'll tell me pigshit doesn't come from pork.

It's the same goofy logic that the anti-canola people use.

Canola oil kills insects - yes, just as any other oil would- by suffocating them, not poisoning them.

By cross-breeding (not genetic modification) the euceric acid found in rapeseed oil has been reduced to less than one percent, according to the USDA.

Rapeseed = mustard gas - so does MUSTARD - ever put that on your hotdog? Turnips, broccoli, radishes, cabbage, horseradish, bok choy, brussel sprouts and watercress are all members of the mustard family.

Chickenshit come from chickens too.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"According to the USDA". Guess who controls the USDA? The big food companies! Guess who controls the big food companies? The big DRUG companies! The drug companies also control the FDA, so they can block out any claims from natural foods and supplements that could compete with drugs. They also make it illegal for anyone to make truthful health claims about foods that they sell--like the cherry incident a few years ago.

"Check your facts" simply means "Stick with what the Big Drug Companies want you to know"--meaning rape oil is good for you their profits. And this can be learned by researching the whole topic online--the more I do that, the more I draw the same conclusion that rape oil is actually harmful and coconut oil is beneficial. And, the crud on the side of any vegetable oil bottle is a direct observation I have made on numerous times. Every time I find vegetable oil on the store shelves, there is always a mess on the bottom that is nearly impossible to clean up. This is from polymerized and/or oxidized vegetable oil. Canola, or rape, oil also has this problem. And, if it happens outside the body at 70 o F., it can happen in the body at 98 o . Coconut oil, on the other hand, does not leave this sticky mess when spilled.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Thank you, Blondie!

• beksbks
    beksbks

So you are an Atkins/Mercola follower?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You can get some interesting articles from www.naturalnews.com to start with. If you disagree with something or want more information, all you need do is type in the disputed topic in your search engine and look through as many of the results that come up as you see fit. I did that, and found that polyunsaturated fats actually slow your metabolism, are stored as fats, polymerize in your arteries, and have the potential to clog the liver. The medium chain saturated fatty acids in coconut oil actually feed your metabolism and resist clogging your arteries.

And, if you have another starting source, feel free to use that as well. Even looking at AMA sources can help, if you also cross-reference the topics. Bear in mind that this is the same thing many of us did when leaving the Jehovah's Witlesses--if you stick with "official" sources, you never get the truth in either issue.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Many vegetable oils forn a "sludge" in the bottle, especially in cool weather. It is not "polymerization" but is the crystalization of various fatty acids in the oil.

Are you as vigorously opposed to smoking and substance abuse as you are opposed to Canola oil?

• Black Sheep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit