Has WT Tried to Control its Past?

by leavingwt 34 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

"Receiving the gift, [Rutherford's book, Children] the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." {Watchtower Sep 15 1941 288}

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

And here is a direct scan of the 1941 9/15 WT with the false prophecy.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    But the past of Jehovah's Witnesses is all out there exposed for everyone that wishes to see and recount it in detail... But Jehovah's Witnesses today do not embrace those extant viewpoints of the late 1800s and early 1900s and we have never attempted to control our past.

Hmmm

What was the whole UN thing about then?

• Ding
    Ding

1975?

Who said anything special was going to happen in 1975???

• caliber
    caliber

Many things have been " hidden in plain sight " in the Proclaimers book ... though most facts are there , because this book is written in

topically not chronological order, the unfolding of thing in in true sense is lost ! In this way you alter the perception of history .

You can scatter individual facts but obscure the complete picture of the actual events .

Example 1925 and 1975 get only a few paragraphs each.. where in reality these year were hot topics in their day.

These years have countless articles and reference made to them , now they are treated always as footnotes to WT history .

p. 47 P 5 Fails to mention anything about the prediction Barbour and Russell made in Three Worlds that 1878 would see the resurrection. This is mentioned later in the book, however. See p. 632 P 1. Also see the extended discussion at the end of these notes

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Many things have been " hidden in plain sight " in the Proclaimers book ... though most facts are there because this book is written in

topically not chronological order, the unfolding of thing in in true sense is lost ! In this way you alter the perception of history .

You can scatter individual facts but obscure the complete picture of the actual events .

Example 1925 and 1975 get only a few paragraphs each.. where in reality these year were hot topics in there day.

These years have countless articles and reference made to them , now they are treated always as footnotes to WT history .

Good point. This made me think of events I've witnessed in my life and how huge I thought the events were as they were taking place, but now they mean almost nothing to me. 9/11 was huge to back then, now its not much of a thought. I can think of several events in my life that really don't burn a hole in my brain any longer. I imagine its the same with events such as 1925 and 1975, or even when Ray Franz made Time magazine. It was big time back then, but as time goes on, these images just get compartmentalized in the furthest depths of our memory. I guess you could say on one hand time is the WT's greatest enemy, but at the same time its their greatest allie.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I believe it was Ray Franz that quoted Milton Henschel about something like that, misery. He said, "There is no need to publish anything about 75. The brothers will forget all about it."

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They control it by omission. How many know the reality behind the 1914 and 1925 predictions. Probably less than 1%. Even 1975 is now a distant memory, maybe 10-20% know what was really said and expected. Once it is in the rear view mirror, its as good as ancient history.

Even the generation teaching of 1914 was obliterated, replaced, and replaced again in 15 short years, yet they still grow in numbers. Current active JWs don't know, don't think about it, and don't care. All that matter is paradise earth.

Mind control is very powerful

• wasblind
    wasblind

And forgot about it they have, cause most of the younger witnesses

will go to the matt, sayin' the WT never preached about 1975 being

the end.

• caliber
    caliber

Whitewashing Watchtower History - The Proclaimers Book Revealed

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/publications/whitewashing-watchtower-history-the-proclaimers-book-revealed.html

There are literally pages quoted here that show the absolutely twisted and misrepresention of the so called" Candid history" of JW'S

here is one sample ...

Page 206 P 2 discusses Russell's instituting of the office of elective elders in 1895, pointing out that this was "sound Scriptural counsel." But it carefully avoids using the term "elective elder," and instead says elders were "chosen," because later a discussion on pp. 212-9 says that the office of elective elder was eliminated in the 1930s because it was scriptural. How can the office be scripturally sound in 1895 but become scriptural in the 1930s?

So if you are good at puzzles you will be able to gather a true picture by jumping here and there putting all the right pieces together

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit