if a disfellowshipped child molester wanted to "go back "

by looloo 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looloo
    looloo

sp[here that story is so sad , the poor girl , how they messed her head up , its evil !

• Deceived
    Deceived

@Spere - Good Gawd that story is absolutely Unbelievably crazy. I believe it though, and so glad that I am out of that horrible religion now!!!

There is something TERRIBLY wrong with a religion that blames the victim for the crime especially an 8 year old.

I have heard this type of story time after time and I shake my head everytime in absolute horror.

One of the many big examples of this type of Abuse by a JW abusing his children and the elders not listening was the book by Donald D'haene, called Fathers Touch. He was up here in Canada. His Father molested him and his siblings over and over and he could get no help from the Elders, nor the courts and ended up disfellowshipped for trying to get justice for himself and his siblings.

Here is his website http://www.fatherstouch.com/

Velvet aka Deceived

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

I'll not defend the indefensible. Child sex abuse is an abomination; its victims must be comforted and potential victims must be protected.

The state must investigate and prosecute such crimes, and no one should put pride or personal preference above such investigations and prosecutions.

This question isn't asking about secular prosecution, though, it's asking about spiritual reinstatement of an admitted sinner to the Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

To answer the direct question:
    A person who petitions for reinstatement need not list all the sins he committed while he was not a Jehovah's Witnesses (aka while he was disfellowshipped).

Reinstatement indicates that the person has both formally requested reinstatement and a judicial committee believes the person has demonstrated repentance commensurate with his serious sin. Now, you may have been a victim of a crime by this person, you might believe that the criminal cannot be repentant if he has not apologized to you, and that belief is valid. But the criminal may sincerely believe that his apology would be unwelcome and might not be in the victim's best interests. A judicial committee considering reinstatement will at least consider the question. They will not solicit opinion from the victim(s), but they will consider it if they are aware of it.

Please keep in mind that being reinstated is not a privilege; it simply allows other Witnesses to talk to the person and allows him to join in the ministry (they believe the ministry is a requirement of all Christians). Eventually the reinstated person may be allowed to comment at meetings or accept student assignments on their Theocratic Ministry School. A person known to have committed child sex abuse cannot ever say public prayer or have a "teaching" part on a meeting, or be used for special privileges.

In most cases he will be instructed to never be alone with, touch, engage in private conversation with, or become familiar with any minor. He will likely be instructed that he cannot engage in field service alone or with only a woman or minor and may not enter any private home even if invited. In some cases he may be instructed that he may only engage in field service with an elder or ministerial servant. Deviance from these instructions will lead to disfellowshipping for loose conduct (brazen disregard for propriety).

The handful of times a so-called "child sex abuser" was eventually given privileges among JWs is when at least ten years had passed since the crime, the perpetrator had been under 25, the victim had been more than 15, and the victim herself consistently and convincingly made it known that she believed the perpetrator qualified for privileges. Typical in that handful, the perpetrator and victim (perhaps 19 and 16 at the time of a statutory rape) eventually courted and were married for some years with several children. Technically, I believe it may now be that twenty years must have passed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit