If you don't attend a judicial committee...

by bottleofwater 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Will you get automatically disfellowshipped?

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

They will do whatever they choose to do, whether you are there or not. I was not even invited to the JC where I was disfellowshipped. One of those elders called me on Sunday morning and told me my disfellowshipping was going to be announced at the meeting that morning. That was back in 1975 and I don't remember for sure, but I think I did refuse to go to the JC.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't...

V665

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

If you will not be present...we will proceed without you!!!! This is what has been declared by elders in some occasion.

Anyway, in my husband's case: He was invited to a judicial committee, where he did'nt go, instead he sent 300 letters + lots of e-mail to all those who had known him, explaining the reasons of his leaving the organization.

The week after, in his absence and without ANY NOTIFICATION or telephone call, they have announced his disassociation!!!!! Bas...ds!!!

Regards, Claudia

• Listener
    Listener

The new elders book would probably explain matters but my understanding is that if you haven't confessed to any wrong doing then two witnesses are required to testify of the wrongdoing, whether that is the elders themselves or other people.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If you attend you are playing by their rules, If you don't attend they play by their rules. the result is likely to remain the same. If you do attend you may successfully defend yourself - but at what cost? Un-needed stress and frustration.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Send each elder in your congregation a letter...

Dear Brother xxxx,

I have disfellowshiped you.

Do not attempt to contact me until hell freezes over.

Sincerely,

xxxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit