What's The Watchtower So Paranoid About Anyway?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

They have no biblical example of hiding information like they do. Did any of the apostles write letters and only allow them to be read by certain people? As far as I can see, the letters were written to everyone. There was complete transparency of information. In fact even specific cases were talked about within the church in these letters.

So if they do not have a biblical reason for hiding things, it must be for other reasons. They obviously must think that if the information was available to everyone, people would leave over it.

In that way...I guess they are right! So they DO have reason to be paranoid.

• rocky220
    rocky220

The emperor "Watchtower" has to clothes and it's just a matter of time......fearmongering won't save them.-----rocky220

• sabastious
    sabastious
    So if they do not have a biblical reason for hiding things, it must be for other reasons.

Their WT's biblical reason is that Jesus privileged information to only a select few apostles at certain points. He told only who needed to know.

-Sab

• minimus
    minimus

Only the Watchtower clergy get to see important letters. Common folk Witnesses are not privileged.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Old literature. Old literature is an awakening call to apostacy.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As Nathan Knorr once said, "There are some things I know -- I know that Jehovah is God, that Christ Jesus is his Son, that he gave his life as a ransom for us, that there is a resurrection. Other things I'm not so certain about. 1914 -- I don't know. We have talked about 1914 for a long time. We may be right and I hope we are. ...and I know that if I wasn't here at Bethel, I'd have to get a real job, and I'm not willing to do that."*

*NOTE for the benefit of newbies and those with an impaired ability to detect satire: Nathan didn't actually say that last fragment of a sentence, but he did actually say everything before the ellipsis.

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan, I'm glad you clarified your words.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    But do they REALLY believe their own BS? I don't know.

As George Costanza (character in Seinfeld) said "just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."

• minimus
    minimus

It's called "believing the lie".

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The most important and propagating aspect of the WTS. is illusion, the illusion being of

course is that their faith is the one religious organization that is being solely guided and served by god's holy spirit.

As in just about every religion, there is a established business structure at its center core.

In a attempt to secure this business structure from collapsing these organizations like the WTS/JWS implement

precautionary protection polices. The process of drawing people to the organization and keeping them supporting it through door

to door publishing and other financial donations is a key to its survival.

Part of the strict regulatory controls created by the WTS. but handled by the Sargent of Arms (Elders) was too overly played out

and heavy handed for many to accept. One way to look at WTS. is that they established their own self devised kingdom where they

created the rules and laws of this kingdom and issued these laws as if empowered by god himself to do so.

This all empowering aspect of the WTS kingdom has been wrought full of corruption in doctrines, exploitation, apathetic self arrogance

in its devised law giving. So whats the WTS got to be so paranoid about then ?

Plenty, there is much to lose in concerning the WTS. leaders, one being their own self devise credibility, their obtained power,

the financial support by the followers among the most important. Yes there is something to be paranoid about if this religious publishing

company can keep itself afloat and in continued operation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit