Jehovah's Witness deal riles Aurora neighbors

by LisaRose 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "There are about 22,500 Jehovah's Witnesses in Colorado, Frank said. ..."

Well now,...

That explains a lot...

I've often wondered why I haven't seen more JWs out in service, especially up here in Thornton, Colorado, which is a nice little "bedroom community" suburb of Denver...

But - ONLY 22,500 JWs in all of Colorado??? Why, Denver [that's Denver with suburbs ranging from Broomfield to Aurora...] alone has over 2.5 million people!!!

Another sign that they're dying out - or at least, falling behind... The growth of Colorado has far out-stripped the 'growth' - if there was any - of the local Jehovah's Witnesses...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and Cameo-d?

YES, they definitely NEED A POOL IN COLORADO!!!

ESPECIALLY in Aurora, which is about as far away from the mountains as you can get - the terrain begins to look - and feel - like Kansas, when one gets that far east!!! And HOT!!!! Aurora gets REALLY HOT in the summertime!!

I grew up in Aurora, so I'm speaking from experience, here... Well, Aurora, Broomfield, and a year spent in South Dakota - my parents moved around a lot when I was a kid.

Just sayin'...

Zid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW Assembly Traffic..

In..

Serenity Ridge Neighbourhood..

Thank God it Only happens Every Weekend..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Jehovah's Witness deal riles Aurora neighbors

By Carlos Illescas
    The Denver Post

"I'm angry at the situation," said Carrelle DeSimone, who lives in Serenity Ridge, which is across the street from the proposed assembly hall. "There's a right place to build that, and it's not here."

Maybe they should build a Mosque instead

• wasblind
    wasblind

This would be a good time to alert the nieghborhood on what the JW's are all about

• wasblind
    wasblind

Maybe some exJW in the area could send out fliers letting them know what they are in for

• Satanus
    Satanus

On sundays, the nieghbors could always take their kids wading in the baptismal pool. Afterall, the assembly IS open to the public. It's a small concession to make the nieghborhood kids happy. They might even like the assembly junk food, after their dip.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Satanus..

No more food at assemblys..Thats long gone..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Bitch on Parade
    Bitch on Parade

I agree with wasblind, someone needs send out fliers. Then the people will not only have traffic to take into consideration, but the fact that they're going to be so close to cult activity.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Check the location on Googlemaps: search for "Smoky Hill and Oak Hill, Aurora CO". What appears to be the future driveway for this property is directly opposite the main access road (Millbrook Way) to a subdivison on the north side of Oak Hill. I think the traffic concerns are valid; filling and emptying a 1000 space parking lot 43 weekends a year would overwhelm a residential feeder road like Oak Hill.

This is the "#1 most-clicked article" on the Post's web site today--thanks, in part, to JWN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit