Any suggestions for a birthday gift. 1st time. (hee hee)

by lil.lady.03 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

So my bf's birtday is tomorrow. I really don't know what to get him. he says I don't have to get anything and since I'm a jw he won't press me to do anthing. But I'm like screw thatm I want to get him somethign just because!

Any suggestions from guys on what a cool b-day gift could. In class I asked one of my classmates.

I told her it was my 1st time buying a b-day present ever and that I'm so lost.

She looked at me funny and said, "oh? You mean first time buying a gift for HIM?"

She didn't get it. LOL

Any sugesstions?

And since holiday season is coming up, how has everbody handled that whole issue?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

A nicely wrapped...young people ask book, booked marked on the chapter "Masturbation - How can I fight the urge?"

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

here's what I'm thinking so far.

get a ipod nano and make an ultimate play list of some of his favorite songs (AND MINE, LOL)

buy a really cool watch or hat.

bake some cookies and monogram his intials on it. One cookie for every year.

A gift card or passes to somewhere.

Does that sound dorky?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I like the ipod idea!

• Ding
    Ding

It's hard to give advice without knowing how much money you have to spend and what sort of things he would like to have.

Do you have enough to take him out for a nice birthday dinner?

A lot of restaurants will throw in a dessert and even have the servers sing, "Happy Birthday."

FYI, the words are: "Happy birthday to you; happy birthday to you; happy birthday dear (name); happy birthday to you."

It's also customary to give a birthday card; they sell those wherever they sell greeting cards.

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

horrible broter DAN!! Just horrible. HAHAHAHAAHA!

too bad we're passed that chapter ;)

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

yeah, I'm a lil on the tight end as far as funds, but he's worth it.

How many gifts do people usually give r get? It ain't chirtmas so I'm not tryna go ALL out. LOL

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Depending on how long and how serious you guys are into the relationship, I wouldn't spend too much on him. BUT, an iPod nano wouldn't be too bad. Watches are so overplayed, it's quite boring, how about a gift certificate at a tattoo parlor? Or... a night get away at a bed an breakfast where you have passionate, ravaging sex all night long waking up the other guests? Or... Get him something that you can share with eachother... to make it about the two of you...

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

ok, thanks soldier 77 I was thinking the watch idea was nice. BUT NEVERMIND! It does seem wack once you say it out loud.

I'm thinking about a gift pass to indoor sky diving?

• asilentone
    asilentone

tickets to sporting events?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit