Aren't You So Glad That You Are Out Of This Religion?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Since I've left, I've felt time slow down. It still passes quickly, but my years with the jws, especially from the mid-80s to the early 2000's when I was engrossed in "reaching out" and then became an elder, went by in a blur. I feel like I'm enjoying life much more because I am able to savor things instead of running, running, running.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

On what was formerly meeting nights, I still feel like a kid on the last day of school.

If I'm resurrected to a paradise earth and find out the Watchtower is running the show afterall and I have to start going to the meetings for all eternity I might question what I had been taught about the existence of Hell.

• minimus
    minimus

Rocketman, I can relate!

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

YES! Growing up, I always had this panicky feeling that something wasn't right, or that something was missing. After I stopped going to the meetings, I felt like a normal person. I could finally live an authentic life.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I remember once sitting down and planning out my week. I tried to write down what it would take to do all the things the society asks of you, how many hours that would take for meeting, study, service, prayer, etc. I was a full time working mom at that time so when you take out my working hours and commute time, and time for housework, child care, cooking, etc., I figured out that at the end of the week I would have about 6 hours to call my own. It was so discouraging, I think I just gave up and stopped trying to do everything. I didn't actually leave for another 15 years, but I guess that was the beginning of the end. So that was my choice as I saw it, do everything I was "suppposed to" and have no life, or live a half assed JW life. Either way it was no way to live.

I have no regrets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit