JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH

by startingover 8 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

So for those of you who claim to be directly spoken to by this being, when you first heard the name did you ask him how to spell it? I am having a hard time imagining how it's really pronounced, I guess I can figure out the first name, but the second one...when I try to say it I feel like I'm trying to say Ms. Zha Zha Gabor.

Seriously, did he impart the spelling to you or did you have to ask?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's amazing what the human brain can do.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

People love to fancy that 'god' spoke to them. This one is rather elaborate, eh? I stop short of labeling it insanity - but some have.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Gesundheit, starting over.

• startingover
    startingover

It really does sound like a sneeze when I try to say it.

As far as I know there are 2 on this board that have heard directly from this being. I sure would like to know about the spelling.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Perhaps those who hear the voice spell it in such a way as to simply use phonetics. Or maybe the demon moved the pen in their hands while in trance; I think that is called "automatic writing". As a matter of fact, I believe WT promoted a book that was written by such a method, many years ago.

quote:

In 1878 J. G. Smith published a novel titled Seola. In 1924 it was revised by a Bible Student (JW) and published under the title Angels and Women. It was recommended by the Watchtower Society in two Golden Age magazines.

According to the Watchtower's view of how the book was written, Angels and Women is an automatic writing book. The Foreword states that the woman who wrote it was "impelled to write it after listening to beautiful music." [1] It also said that the spirit that "dictated" the novel to Mrs. Smith was one of the fallen angels who desired to return to God's organization. [2]

Why then did the Society endorse this book since they have condemned reading books "dictated" to authors by fallen angels or demons as being spiritism? The Society at the time believed that some demons or fallen angels were honest and could be saved and return to God's organization. Angels and Women, they believed, was channeled or "dictated" to the author by one such fallen angel who was honest and told the truth about pre-flood conditions on earth. They endorsed the book and said it shed some "light" on the subject since it came from an 'honest' fallen angel who was there at the time. They therefore claimed to receive new "light" from a demon according to their own statements.

This is a clear example to me of Rutherford and the Society believing in and endorsing the views of "honest" demons and also a direct involvement with the occult and spiritism which they would call "deviltry" or "demonism." Today we would call this channeling.

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/women.html

If the spelling is correct, this may shed some light on the meaning of the name:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200254/1/Who-is-JahESHUa-MISCHAjah

It could be the voodoo deity Papa Legba!

• Violia
    Violia

cameo I'm with you on this, I think it may be Papa Legba.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I dabble in speculation that the "2" are "1."

Regardless, 1 is clearly making it up.

• startingover
    startingover

Cameo, thanks for the link to the Angels and Women page.

OTOW, I think you are on to something, it just seems too bizarre that in all of google land the name is only tied to those 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit