lisa

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome.

Love,
    Baba.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hi 99......welcome to the forum. Glad you took the time to join and post.

Think About It

• ninetynine
    ninetynine

Sorry guys i think my fingers got a little trigger happy and i hit the the enter button lol.

I was raised a Jw, and from my teen years i have had always that niggly feeling that there was something fundamentally wrong with this religion.

I had a horrible childhood, constant unhappiness in the so called perfect christian JW family, My father was an elder and my mother an eccentric

, put them together and our life was hell.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there 99

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome 99

Sounds like you had a pretty crappy JW life ... (just like the rest of us, some better some worse)

You'll find us a friendly bunch, helping where we can, answering questions the JWs wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.

Do a search for older posts with questions you have, some awesome older posts here going baaaaaack years.

3Mozzies

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Hi! Would be nice if you could say a little more about yourself...

V665

• ninetynine
    ninetynine

I have been looking on here for years and mostly agreeing and nodding in agreement, also reading peoples personal experiences which are almost parrallel to mine is extremly therapeutic.

I am at a cross roads and have a tugg a war happening inside of me as i really do love God and i really have the yearning to follow him.

I know in my heart that this religion has alot of holes in it, and i am not willing to accept them blindly anymore.

I was raised very strrictly, to the point where it has affected me, My father was a total control freak, and dictated my life, i was always accused of getting up to no good when i actually did not and can honestly say i have a very clear conscious before God.

I was physically and mentally abused in the name of Jehovah, things that were done to me will stay with me and i cant help have bitter resentment towards the religion that breeds such lunatical behaviour.

The hypocrisy really gets to me!! Funny how people accuse you of something only cause they did it, I was and am a good girl and true to my beliefs eg no sex before marriage yet i was still accused for doing it because i acted lovey dovey towards my then fiancee ( who is my darling husband now) then you find out that the ones that actually did the deed before marriage are good upstanding brothers and sisters in the congregation. Yet cause i am weak in the service and meeting attendance i am almost treated like a lepper and have been called the "bad egg" by my parents!!

it angers me!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit