To be or not to be

by justbreathe825 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ninetynine
    ninetynine

A big mistake if you do. If you get baptised and already have disagreements with the teachings, you will only resist for a short time by keeping your mouth shut, then you wil expolde like an atomic bomb, even looking at so called apostate sites such as this one can warrant a disfellowshipping, any disagreement even mentioned casually will alert to many Jw's that you have apostasy tendencies, you are not allowed to free think, you have to agree with everything they teach.

if you end up getting disfellowshipped you will loose all contact with the witnesses which will put a massive strain on your marriage.

Your boyfriend is most likely too scared to voice his opinions as he is most likey in the religion to please his mum and dad and so he won't be shunned by them.

He meet you as you not a JW so why cant he stand up to his parents and just say this is the girl i love i don't care that she is not a JW, why do you have to bend for him ???

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome - you'll find help and support here. Dont be coerced into getting baptized, it would only end badly.

Loz x

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Whatever you do, make sure you NEVER get baptized into this cult!!! We can't stress that enough.

This so called religion is a dangerous cult! They are all ready to kill their children (or themselves) if they need a blood transfusion, sacrificed to their 'so called loving god'

The shunning practice is so unloving it would make Jesus cry (if he was/is real)

They practice mind control on the members without them knowing it.

You need to help your boyfriend see the crap and then you both should run like there is no tomorrow, away from this group!

I wasted over 30 years being completely brainwashed to believe their version of 'life' & 'the truth'

RUN RUN RUN RUN AWAY FROM JWs!!!!

Oh by the way: Welcome to our little forum :)

3Mozzies

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

JustBreath: wow - You're an adult and you're letting other people force your hand. Consider very carefully what it means if you do get baptised, this should be something you do to please other people. Once you are baptised your fate is sealed and they - the society - have a very tight reign on you.

I would tell you: Don't do it, don't get baptised.

You are both adults, I don't know how close your B/f is with his family, but if he really doens't believe in the nonsense of the society you can both live your life as you want. Don't compromise one thing for another, especially when it comes to that religion.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Welcome Justbreathe. You're really lucky to find this forum at this stage in your life. Lots of people on here are recovering after watching half their life disappear down the toilet. LWT is right. Run! Run like hell! Every hour you spend at the meetings is an hour of your life that the society has stolen from you, and can never be taken back. You'll probably encounter lots of bitterness on this forum, and rightly so. Just take notice of everybody's feelings and learn from it. The Watchtower is evil, and their belief system is flawed. Don't waste another moment of your life doing any more meetings/personal study/field ministry. You cannot put a price on time. It's yours, don't let them take it away from you!

x

• justbreathe825
    justbreathe825

Wow, I really didn't think I was going to get so much feedback...thanks everyone.

I decided I won't get baptized (can you tell how indecisive I am. I had a "talk" with my bf last night and he got upset at the beginning told me "do whatever you want" with a big attitude but then after he told me he understands...and anyway that would be the only way I could possibly raise a normal family since I wouldn't have to be attached to ridicoulos rules. He said my relationship with his family will change...but hey as much as I love them (and they currently love me) if things change is their decision. if they want to give me the cold shoulder it will only probe their love was conditional, right?

My poor boyfriend...he missed out on so many things during his childhood and all because of this so called "religion" I am not letting that happen with my "future" family.

Thank you all for your support and advice!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side not I txted my study last night asking her what would happen if I want to celbrate birthdays and she said she wants to talk about it in person...that she wants to show me what the Bible says...I am going to be nice enough to listen but also will put and end to this. I don't mind the meetings but I certainly don't want to waste my time on this study since is going to get nowhere.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    My poor boyfriend...he missed out on so many things during his childhood and all because of this so called "religion" I am not letting that happen with my "future" family.

How do you think your JW husband will feel about this?

If his children are not raised in "the truth", he will not be able to have privileges in the congregation.

In his mind, his kids will die at Armegaddon, which will always potentially be tomorrow, if they are raised the way you want them to be. This will be his view, his parents view, his friends view, you will be the unbelieving mate ... and a female one at that ... at least the JW religion acknowledges the headship of an unbelieving male and his right to share his faith with his children, it will be more of a struggle for you. Don't overestimate your future influence when your husband is a faithful JW, obligated to bring his children up the JW way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit