Do any of you Draw or make things?

by BlackTwisted 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlackTwisted
    BlackTwisted

Well, the title speaks for itself.

i draw sometimes, but most of the time, i make things from different makers, like this one

sailor moon maker: www.Divine.com/sailor.html

and others..i cant think of anything else atm.

oh, speaking of drawing, do any of you have DA (DeviantART) account?

oh, i'm only asking this cause i'm kinda bored and this was all i could think of atm...lol.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Can I bore you even more?

I used to draw .. . a long time ago

I taught myself to knit and Mouthy's daughter taught me to crochet. Somewhere along the line I learned how to sew . . . well enough to make wedding dresses

I've done all kinds of crafts. My most recent is jewelry making sometimes using new materials but now I am getting into recycled materials like using old broken earrings to make necklaces

Many years ago I set a goal to learn one new thing each year. As a result I have done everything from building bookshelves and desks to reupholsering sofas and chairs to refinishing old furniture to taking computers apart and rebuilding them.

Last year I was sewing stuffed animal pillows and the year before making capes for people in wheelchairs.

I have no idea what will be next but I am sure it will be interesting . . . and fun.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I'm pretty "crafty", I dabble in a lot of different things - you know jill of all trades mistress of none! I have a small business doing antiques, and handmades. I fix up old junk furniture, do some floral, some sewing, Collage, woodworking, paper crafts, you name it, I've probably tried it. I had a space in a retail co-op for 6 years, which I have left due to an upcoming out of state move. I have a website and a blog where I share project ideas. I'm pretty excited as I have an ad going into Romantic Homes magazine for the January issue - it's a bit of a gamble, but I'm getting some sales already with minimal promotion, so I think I can at least make my money back (very small ad). I feel very lucky as my husband supports my doing this business, even though I don't make much. I had a corporate type job, and when I god laid off he was OK with my doing this instead. I'd post the website, but I don't know if that violates the rules on here.

• moshe
    moshe

I am building a couple of rockets right now- a repeat of 45-50 year old hobby. The difference is that the engines are more powerful than the ones of my youth.- 2 miles high is an achievable altitude now- 10 miles high for the guys who don't mind spending a couple thousand dollars on one shot.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

I love to draw, mainly pencil but also like to work with water color. I got into making mosaic's for a while, Made a table I still have in my living room. Have done some faux painting in my house, and for other people...

My daughter is quite an artist and has had her work displayed in some local galleries. Her favorite mediums are pastel, watercolor and color marker.

Lady Lee, I did some knitting for a while but am not very good at it.. I found it so relaxing though!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I knit and crochet and am learning new stitches with every project.

I've made hats, scarves, afghans, an 18" doily, and am now making wristies (gloves without fingers that look like casts for broken wrists).

After that, a sweater is in the planning stage.

I'm still in the beginner level but learning more and more.

• moshe
    moshe

I think I will look into building an R/C plane next- with a realtime video link- Those old hobbies are looking like a lot of fun today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=kGZutXuSQu8&annotation_id=annotation_979920

See the plane fly right through the blades of a giant wind generator turbine!

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I used to draw, but mostly to tell stories. I drew picture books before I was in kindergarten and continued on to draw comics, and finally, funny magazines when I was in high school. By the time I was 12 I started writing. But had always been pretty "craftsy." I made my own toys and action figures as a kid.

These days, I focus on writing mostly, but still use drawing as an expression of my sense of humor.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have always liked to draw and make things . When my kids were little I did wood crafts and country /primative painting . Then about twelve yrs ago I really got involved in Photography . I did weddings and Senior pics and such . Had a good business going for about five yrs ,but when I left the Witnesses I just lost interest in starting a new client base . So now I just do Photography for friends and for fun .

I am the most happiest when I am creating something . Right now I am looking for ideas to make something I can sell . My husband keeps telling me to make calendars or post cards of some of my nature pictures . I just have not found a good way to make it profitable .....

Anyone out here with any ideas I would appreciate suggestions !!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

LisaRose please pm your website address to me . I would be interested in seeing your project ideas !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit