How to politely refuse a last chance meeting with the elders?

by bottleofwater 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

You've got to sign in with a YouTube account for this vid, but it might send the message quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DCAV0XrbEwNc

om

• braveheart
    braveheart

Hello Bottle...you've got a good heart...maybe it would be good to meet with Elder Smith...if he is a nice person.

A meeting would give you a chance to wrap things up....and move on with your life.

Remember...this WT cult is built on Fear and Guilt.

If Elder Smith starts dumping on you...Stand Firm....be yourself and tell him like it is.

If you want to have some fun...

Tell him...You have decided to READ the BIBLE instead of the WATCHTOWER.

Tell him..."I discovered ...if I Fix My Eyes on Jesus...I will Never be put to shame"

Tell him...."I want a closer relationship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...you see I've been soaking in Romans chapter 8."

Tell him..."I want the Spirit of God to fill me Elder Smith...Do you understand what I'm saying Elder Smith..??

"I Want a Life of FREEDOM...I want to love God and love people...do you hear me Elder Smith..??

Peace and Strength. -BH ps. Heb 12:2... fix your eyes. Rom9:33, Rom10:11... never be put to shame.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:How to politely refuse a last chance meeting with the elders?

Say, "I'll meet with you when you start following these words of Jesus:

"Then Peter came to him and said " lord how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times? Jesus said to him, " I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven." - Mathew 18:21, 22

"Jesus said I have 489 sins to go before you can disfellowship me, so buzz off until then or Jesus will mess you up for blasphemy."

Farkel

• braveheart
    braveheart

Farkel...lol...that is good stuff !!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Can you write a letter disasociating yourself? That would be better than getting the DF.

That might be better for Sam, but I don't see any advantage to you.

If they want to behave like cult members and throw you out, let them. Don't bother feeding their illusion that they are somehow important.

Make it their choice.... and make sure your Dad knows it's their choice, or his choice.

Don't accept blame for their bad behaviour

• debator
    debator

You say this from another post....

Post 97 of 115
    Since 9/23/2010

My uncle was talking with my Dad just now. I will be disfellowshipped next Friday.

How can you now be given another chance that is not how it works?

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I think you have received some good advice here.

However, if it was me, I would just avoid all telephone calls. I have found that you can plan to the last word what to say if you have a meeting with them but invariably conversations don't follow the patten rehearsed and you may end up saying something you regret or tell them something you didn't want them to know. I am a believer in saying as little as possible, you can always say more but you can never take back something once it has been said.

This way you cannot make a mistake in what you say, you cannot be rude (which is something Elders enjoy as they see it as persecution so why feed their egos?), there will also be nothing for them to report back to your parents.

Good luck.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you don't mind getting disfellowshipped behind your back, simply don't show up for the meeting. If they set one up with you at the Kingdumb Hell, make sure you are not there. Just don't let them in your own home--because, if you do, they have the option of dragging it for hours into the early morning hours to extort a confession. Keep in mind that their ultimate goal is to infest you with fear, guilt, and shame--and if you are trying to get them out of your house at 3 in the morning, they have the means of doing just that.

• moshe
    moshe

Tell them you were forced by family into getting baptised and you were too young to realize what it meant. Write them a letter and explain that the Baptism wasn't valid.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's just difficult because we're all cool.

You think that now but as soon you're DFd you won't be "cool" with him anymore. You will be an evil homosexual apostate in his eyes. No sense trying to prolong a friendship where the other person doesn't respect you for who you are.

If you truly don't mind being DFd, then it is probably time to also accept all that that entails. Cult life is over. They aren't your friends. They aren't your brothers or sisters. They are programmed to hate you now. It isn't their fault but that's how it is. Pity them and move on with your life.

Good luck to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit