Things have gone bad for me lately.

by Decided 24 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

There are also credit/budgeting companies that can help you out, Ken. Don't dismiss them. Call them and find out what your options are. Bankruptcy is also not the end of the world. In fact, to get creditors off your back, then living simply will bring a little peace into your life.

I've found that when I think I'm going through something awful, there are thousands of people going through the same. When that many people are going through the same thing, there are usually systems and programs designed somewhere to help them through it.

Take a breath, decide what's truly important... and the rest might fall a little easier in place.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Outlaw beat me to it :)

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Also, Ken, print or write down the posts on this thread and put them on your fridge or the bathroom mirror. Keep the good advice and good thoughts uppermost in your mind!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I went through bankrupty a few yrs ago, when i exited thee wt. What a relief it provided. 'Course, i didn't have a house to worry about. I was able to keep all my necesities, including my truck.

S

• looloo
    looloo

i have felt like that in life before too , but it always gets better you just have to hang on in there and try to focus on helping someone worse of than you ! you may not feel this is possible but please dont give up , take care x

• nelly136
    nelly136

(((ken)))

definately consider the debt counseling thing, theyre there cos there are sooo many people in the shit with money right now, theres no

shame in being skint, its universal.

• nelly136
    nelly136

are you still stuck with the steps living with you?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Want to know what I did back when this happened to me?

Our credit card bills were just short of $40K...insanity! I went to one of the non-profit credit counseling agencies and we did some calculations together. It turned out that going through their program, I would have to live like a pauper to pay off my debts in around 11 years. Or, I could file bankruptcy and be done with debt instantly, and have a clean slate in 10 years. I kept two cars and a house (not free of course, still have to make the payments) but I have NO credit cards anymore. So far so good, and I actually have enough real money every month to pay all the bills, enjoy life, and put some away for a rainy day. Debit cards work like credit cards as far as online shopping or renting a car, etc. so I don't even need to get a credit card ever again.

I'm not recommending anyone rush into bankruptcy, but I'm saying that in some situations it isn't a bad thing. It turned out to be a good thing for me. Do the math. Speak to some professionals.

It's all just money and all things are just stuff. You can live BETTER without credit cards, and use the money you used to pay on them for other more important things.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Some very good advice, hang in there.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I am sorry to hear all that decided... sometimes just letting out can help, and lots of good solid council above.. I would only add one other thought.. my grandfather was in the army and when I was young and got hurt he would always tell me that pain was good. It meant you were still alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit