MY MOM just sent me this.

by Will Power 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

She is a devout Christian and is always laughing & smiling.
    can't help but love her.

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.

If God had a wallet, your photo would be in it.

He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.

When you want to talk, He'll listen.

He could live anywhere in the universe and yet He chose your heart.

And that Christmas gift He sent you in Bethlehem?

Face it friend, He's crazy about you!

Pass this on and brighten someone's day, and remember:

God answers Knee-Mail!

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Very Cool Will Power!

• lydia
    lydia

I LOVE this!!!!

• julien
    julien

Why won't God answer my "Knee Mail"? I need to ask him why he is letting my dad slowly disintegrate from Parkinson's Disease?? Did he lose my dad's picture from his wallet and forget him? Because he doesn't seem so crazy about my dad anymore, nor my mom who has a full time job caring for him; like when he falls down and splits open his face on the kitchen counter. God probably has a nice laugh when he gets to watch my tiny mom spend 30 minutes trying to wrestle dad into the shower.

Excuse me for cynicism in this touchy feely thread but as far as I can tell this God person doesn't care a bit about anyone down here.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Julien, I'm so sorry about your dad, my aunt is going thru the same but has no family to live with, she relies on strangers most of the time.

When my daughter was about 4 she was told (by a JW) that there was no such thing as Santa Claus, that her parents are lying to her and that Santa is evil.
    When she asked me about it I replied
    "When you stop believing he stops coming" This might sound mean but when you grow up and realize the lessons learned in relation to the idea of giving, most importantly to the less fortunate, the lessons are in your heart, not written in a book to be memorized. We still joke about this - she has never forgotten it.

Same with believing in God. When you stop believing you find there is no God. If you keep believing you can find comfort when life is at it's bleekest, whether it be in the bible, support of friends, family, whatever. It takes the place of the unexplained. The Mythos.

If you stop believing there is the scientific route. That is why there are so many people searching for cures, donating for research, & dedicating their lives to end mankind's suffering. The Logos

Some believe in both.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Juls,

God isn't failing your family, PEOPLE are, Christ has no body now but ours with which to touch the world (his is in heaven) SOOOO everyone reach out and touch those around you and in so doing reach out for God. Remember, he didn't spare his own son the indignity of death and suffering are we to expect more?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Julien
    I'm really sorry for your parents,
    truly my heart goes out to you.
    These are truly "Troubled times hard to deal with"
    the Bible

WillPower
    Very very cute. i'm going to mail that
    to my mom to put on her frig.

• SYN
    SYN

Remember, God works in mysterious ways...ways like making people die and stuff. I don't know, I'm too stoopid to understand it, but the Governing Body does, from what I hear, so we'll just leave it up to them, k?

*hugs Julien*

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• rem
    rem

Here is a repost from here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=19669&site=3

But why stop there? Why not keep some additional thoughts throughout the coming years:

7. God provides extra special viruses and deadly bacteria to kill off the weak, old, and young. Sometimes he spares the victims so they can live the rest of their lives disabled and in pain.

8. God loves the people living in industrialized nations much more than those in 3rd world nations, so he makes sure they have enough to eat every day.

9. Be glad that God gives us the gift of earthquakes, volcanoes, storms and other natural disasters. He must love us a lot.

10. Treasure the sight of seeing a pack of wild dogs eat a wildebeest alive. Don't worry that the wildebeest is still conscious and in great pain with every bite, it's God's wonderful way!

11. Isn't it wonderful that god created the physical laws of the universe so that the sun will explode in some billions of years? Won't that be a wonderful sight for our progeny to see!

12. Thank the Lord that he saw fit to destroy over 99% of all species that have ever lived on this earth. And you thought that man was causing unprecidented extinction of animals today! Yes, man was most definately created in God's image.

etc., etc., etc...

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo
    He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.

...and psychos in planes trying to kill you in HIS name, so they can romp with 70 virgins in paradise!

Boy, God is great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit