How could I forget about this classic?

V665

• pirata
    pirata

or this:

• VampireDCLXV
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm not at the screaming point. I'm at the horribly sad and depressed point. I hate that my wife is feeling alone and abandoned. I hate that I can't be there for her spiritually like she wants me to be. I'm sorry that our kids are going to live in a religiously divided household. I hate that I'm making her fall out of love with me.

• agonus
    agonus

D'OH!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Dan, you CAN be there for her spiritually.

• VampireDCLXV
  • ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Oh, elderelite, I'm sorry about that. I had me a good cry just then myself. ((sniffles...dabs a corner of an eye)) But then...I saw pirata's response to V665's post and have to giggle. I love me some Homer - thanks for the laugh!

I'm so grateful to you all being here on this forum...

JWN - It Does A Body Good!

Cheers

• elderelite
    elderelite

yea, and thanks to pirata for letting everyone let it all out!

• agonus
    agonus

Brotherdan,

Don't be so hard on yourself. If your wife is "falling out of love" for you because of religion, what is/was she really in love with?

I've been there and I understand. Not judging you or your wife or attributing character flaws to either of you. It is what it is.

The leaders of this cult have far more to answer for than either of you EVER will.

Focus on the kids' needs right now. If your wife's faith isn't sufficient to comfort her that is neither your fault nor your responsibility. Your wife may need the congregation, but the kids need their daddy. It sucks, but it would be worse if you were out of the picture completely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit