Do you trust a JW when it comes to $$$$?

by William Penwell 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

That's crap. I'm sorry to hear she's going after your money. I hope you take out the pension (if you can) and sign it off to your mom as a "pay-my-mom-back-loan." It's not right for her to do that. I don't believe people should go back on what they agreed on. Sorry to say, but she's giving a bad name to women.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

When I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I had the unfortunate opportunity to room with my ex's sister/brother in law.

It started with MY solo visit to an appartment manager - also a Jehovah's Witness. She ran a credit check on me, and approved me (alone) to rent an appartment. There were rumors that the ex's bro/sis might room with me, but NONE of that was put in the contract. They were NOT present for the credit check, or to make the down-payment, and the contract was soley between ME and the landlord.

2 weeks after living there, guess who show up? Apparently, because their were rumors in the hall that I might take them as roommates to ease the costs, that was enough for the idiot woman landlord sister to give the two of them the key to my apartment. (Who could have just as easily stolen everything I owned.) Even my ex-wife (then girlfriend) was kinda pissed that they never really confirmed it with me - and I was NOT present to agree to this with the landlord.

They literally were just 'there one day' with all their shit. The girlfriend was as pissed as I was when she found out her sister and bro-in-law 'invited themselves' to live with me - she had no idea that was finalized either.

Whatever. So we lived together for 6 months. I lived basically in my room and was extremely tidy. I am to this day. I keep a clean house. The other pair did NOT. One day I was working in my room and the bro-in-law came in to 'hang out'.

"Don't you work in the mornings?" I asked.

"I don't really feel good today. I think I'm going to go for a walk."

"Oh. Well, I have some work to do this morning." (I worked from home.)

A few seconds later the guy received a phone call - his boss, wondering where the hell he was. He was fired for not showing up, and not calling in for the 5th time. That was his 8'th job he'd been fired at.. by the age of 27. He was always 'sick' or 'too injured to work'.

So anyway, Ex and I move out-of-state, so I close my contract with the JW land-lord. She writes a check for the security deposit - WHICH I PAID - to the deadbeat couple, who then tell me they won't give me the money unless I clean out the appartment when we leave (because they are pioneers and don't have time). I approach the Landlord - who damn well knew she wrote the check to the wrong people - who just tells me I shouldn't make a dispute with a brother, and if I want to make a fuss, she'll tell the elders (I wasn't a native there).

So I had to rent a steam cleaner and clean up after a bunch of dead-beat, worthless, uneducated morons who couldn't hold a job at SAFEWAY. Naturally their bedroom and the deck off of it was chuck-full of boxes of junk and wal-mart crap that they didn't take care of, so I had to find some way of disposing of it.

So no. I don't trust Jehovah's Witnesses with money, or damn near anything. Jehovah's Witnesses are cheats, deadbeats, manipulators, and liars.

- Lime

PS: I've made every effort to ensure this is factually correct, as well as to associate this post with the keywords "Jehovah's Witnesses" for Google's sake.

• mamalove
    mamalove

NOPE! My ex was dishonest with money much of the time. He would hide what he was buying, and took $3000 of our money and bought stocks and didnt tell me. He continually tries to find ways to cheat me out of money.

• trueblue
  • Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

so sorry, but you hit the nail on the head i trust almost noone with my green, especially family!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Someone once told me 2 things he didn't trust another guy with and that is money and woman. So true about the money part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit