Did a Miner have a NWT?

by purplesofa 34 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

maybe so....

I thought I saw one of the miners hold up a NWT when being rescued from the mine.

Maybe one of you noticed it too.

Here is an email I received:

AND THE TRUTH CAME ILLUMINATING AT 700 METERS OF DEPTH

Translation of the letter of this miner:

08/30/10...This give to my mom:...JEHOVAH WITNESSES

Gentlemen

In what way and with what words can I thank you for the nice gesture to pray for me.

How can I thank you for the greatness of your hearts and your intentions, because I know and see what you do with great sacrifice for others; I know it because my mother MarĂ­a Villarroel Casanova is one of you, for many years..

This gesture only gives lights that you are going for the right way, and towards God; and we all who are lost in the world need your words and your deep commitment to the community to show people with Bible studies, going from house to house, walking as hardworking as I see you, in a selfless work so motivated keep you all. Withstanding the slamming doors of the people who do not want to receive you, withstanding people who just want to argue with you.

For ever thank you for your prayers that have helped us a lot!

I just ask from the depths in which I am, that this little letter of thanks, reaches your highest authorities and all of you, please.

FULFILL MY WISH

From the first days of confinement until now, we pray every day. There was no Bible down here. But one of those days, before they found us, a partner found in his bag two magazines, and guess what, they were two Awake magazines from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I think that we all read both of them, we took turns, it was as a way to find peace somehow. That was all we had.... This really happened, I swear!

And now we have received many more and I promote them all I can among my teammates, believe me, and I will continue doing. As you can see, my pen is dying and I have no sheet; They have sent me no pencil, no paper but I got thank you!

Finally, I will pray for all of you too, and my best and sincere thanks, and many blessings for you and your family.

May God be with you. Amen

Here is facebook page about it. (in spanish)

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=482069436124

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

So it was Jehovah that got them out of this situation, well this shows completely that if one prays appropriately to Jehovah

he will answer those prayers.

What a fine display of god's love for mankind and a witness that if you truly stay close to Jehovah in prayer he will

respond in kind, thats why we need to pray constantly to keep close to his will and purpose through his earthly channel

the WTS ( Inc.) organization .

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I heard from someone (of the annointed) that there was a Witness among those who were rescued from the mine.

I couldn't help but have the passing thought that there will be those who claim that the "Witnesses" had something to do with the success of the rescue...ie. Jehovah was answering their prayers or the Society sent in some of their equipment or was involved somehow in the rescue. I wondered how many people got Witnessed to or converted while in the mine. Stay tuned on how this"experience" turned out to be a "Wonerful Witness". If will be in the year book and on the assembly for sure.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Prayer is always good at such times; as they say: "There are no aetheists in a lifeboat"

George

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

My thoughts too exwhyzee

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Of course the GB will never mention the devout JWS that got killed in mining accidents......oops

They only take and put out information that they can openly exploit for their own good.

I wonder really if there were miners who thought ... " Oh my god I've been slamming the door

on JWS whenever they came to my door, only now to spend the rest of my remaining life with one of these morons

preaching their religion to me. There really truly is hell below.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Yes the miner with the first name Samuel is a Jehovah's Witness . My in laws sent me an email back when the accident happened that had a letter attached speaking about him .

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Samuel Avalos Acuna

Well, he is not the miner I was referring to, but it does appear that Acuna was/is a witness or the witnesses online want him to be.

purps

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Samuel Avalos Acuna .......Let's just hope he was a slacker JW ,because could you imagine a zealous JW trapped with a captive audience for that long ????? omg those poor men

• Violia
    Violia

I guess that Jws miner is glad he was not leading a double life .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit