Oregon, Hillsboro Tribune, Article: Jehovah's Witness sex abuse case in feds' hands

by AndersonsInfo 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• fiddler
    fiddler
    I used to attend one of the Hillsboro congregations. I see this mans face in my minds eye and never knew anything was amiss about him. I had 4 children going to meetings there as well. Also, according to my sons, all grown and out of the religion, there is still a perp in good standing in Hillsboro who has never been charged. The trail of damaged kids in her wake is observable but none have come forward. I wonder if and when any of them will ever say anything. One ended up a drug addict and probably feels too messed up to even try. The other's seem to have moved on...
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I'm wondering why the Watchtower would even keep any records and not destroy them. All they have to do would be to deny such papers exist.
  • flipper
    flipper
    Village Idiot stated, " all they have to do would be to deny such papers exist . " And that is where the WT Society already has blown it- because in Richard Ashe's court deposition for the WT Society he already admitted under oath that the WT Society HAS a file stored in their computer network of the pedophiles within the JW organization. And that's legal testimony recorded in court with the court recorder. So the cat's out of the bag so to speak - WT cannot deny they have it, they've already admitted to it in court. It's just a matter of time when the WT Society will be FORCED to hand over those documents. It's game on- already
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Flipper, "...they've already admitted to it in court."

I hope that information can be made available to other courts with similar lawsuits where the Watchtower lawyers might deny their existence. Do the attorneys in these cases have any cross communication? If not it would be good if they collaborate with each other.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

While they may have admitted to keeping a perpetual list of pedophiles in their records in open court, they may be willing to take a huge gamble and destroy their documents on purpose and offer up some stooges to the courts to take the rap. This would be similar to the CIA and how they knowingly destroyed MK-ULTRA files before having to present them before Congress.

The WT will try and prolong these cases in order to build up as much cash as possible.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    He said the defendants filed another motion March 26 to have the alleged perpetrator, Daniel Castellanos, named as a co-defendant in the lawsuit “or at least have him take some responsibility as a defendant.”

So Watchtower files a motion to have the alleged perpetrator, Daniel Castellanos, named as a co-defendant. Should be interesting when Watchtower refuses to produce all documents relating to Castellanos when eventually ordered by the court to do so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Village Idiot - "I'm wondering why the Watchtower would even keep any records and not destroy them."

I've often wondered that, too... the same way I couldn't understand at first why they wouldn't cooperate and provide the information (and Loche) for testimony. Hell; when that first happened, my inital reaction was, "are they crazy, or just plain stupid?"

x

By now, we've come to suspect that the potential negative consequences of its exposure (and a GB member's testimony) would probably be even worse than the monetary losses, membership dissilusionment, and bad PR that would result from compliance.

Given that, it occured to me that there could be a similar explanation for not getting rid of the data...

...the potential of even worse consequences should it be demonstrated they had the data in the first place and willfully destroyed it.

x

They could theoretically be in far more legal trouble for doing that then they would be in for simply withholding it (which also suggests that they eventually expect to be compelled to provide it regardless, and are simply stalling for as long as they can - a common legal tactic).

x

There could, obviously, be other reasons, too...

...hubris on the part of the GB (i.e. they refuse to accept that they're doing things wrong, nor can they conceive actually losing in the long run, so of course they won't comply with demands from "Satan's World")...

...potential evidence of other alleged criminal activities in the data that they don't want exposure of...

...the possibility of potential turncoats/defectors in the Legal Dept. (somewhat more far-fetched, I admit)...

...the possibility that the database is so integrally connected to the rest of their network that they simply can't delete it without at least partially crippling the rest of their digital infrastructure.

• flipper
    flipper

VIDIOT- Really some great points you bring out , kind of how I'm seeing it.

VILLAGE IDIOT- I do know that the attorneys Zalkin and Conti's attorney Rick Simons have been working together on some details of their respective cases against the WT Society, so I'm sure they compare notes and keep each other up to date regarding the WT Society's moves they make

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"Lawyers representing the Watchtower Society, want a child molestation case filed in Oregon in December 2014, to be heard in federal court. It is unclear why, but it may be so that the statute of limitations can be used in an attempt to block abuse survivors being heard."

"On Monday April 6, 2015, the plaintiff’s legal team plan to file a request to remand the case back to state court."

http://jehovahswitnessreport.com/blog/oregon-plaintiffs-want-child-molestation-case-heard-in-state-court

(There is also a video of the news conference)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback WT - "The WT corporation I think officially has reached the nightmare stage of a corporation based almost entirely of wishful thinking."

I remember when I first read about that a few years ago, and immediately thinking that they were in the tail end of the "frustration stage" and about to shift into the "nightmare stage" very soon.

And this was before I'd even become fully aware of the WT's child abuse problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit