These Urban legends do get around...

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 3 Replies latest jw friends

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
  • PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Another Mormon UL:

Indian Skin Turning White After Joining the Church
    There were lots of stories about this during the 1950s and 60s.

Wasnt there a belief back in the day about black skin turning white after becoming a JW?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Yes, after armageddon you have to pick up doornobs for 5 years. I heard it at the Kingdom Hall.

Haaaa?

I've never heard that one.

Why would you need to pick up door-knobs for 5 years? What's the reasoning behind that?

3Mozzies

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, here's one for Mr. Flipper on that same website:
    http://www.holyfetch.com/theories/bigfoot.html

Cain is Bigfoot

The Church takes no official stance on this, but some members believe that the legendary Sasquatch (or Harry Henderson as I like to call him) is Cain. The main source that usually is used to back this theory is the reminiscence of Abraham Smoot of a story from one of the Church's first apostles, David W. Patten. Patten claimed that in 1835 he encountered Cain walking along the side of the road. He wrote: "He walked along beside me for about two miles. His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark."

I can see how someone could get Bigfoot from that description. The Smoot/Patten story was also quoted in Spencer W. Kimball's book, "The Miracle of Forgiveness". In the 1980's, there was a Bigfoot sighting in South Weber, Utah and many members used this story to explain how and why these sightings occurred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit