Report: Nordic Nations Are Best for Gender Equality/USA disappoints

by FlyingHighNow 68 Replies latest social current

• llbh
    llbh

Society should teach that the ' bad boy behaviour is totally unacceptable', to blame women for the unacceptable conduct of men is so wrong, and in of itself indicates an attitude to women that that is so crass and anachronistic; it is redolent of a culture that choose to blame others where the blame should rest with the accuser, ie men ( mostly).

Women need strong role models in successful self reliant women such as Michelle Obama and Mrs Thatcher to name but two.

One of the keys is education, so that women can support themselves irrespective of what the guys do. I tell my JW daughter regularly.

David

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

llbh. your comments show a keen understanding of the point of this thread. Thank you.

• TD
    TD
    But generally, girls do not go for guys who lack confidence or assertiveness. A confident guy with a good personality and hygiene doesn't have to be great looking or mean to get a girl.

Sadly, men and women are both terrible judges about what constitutes confidence and assertiveness in the opposite sex. Most men notice at a very early age that it is the "Biff Tannens" of the world who are never lonely. I know I did. I would venture to say that most of the men on this forum did too.

More to the point of your thread though, I think fathers often do their daughters a disservice by not teaching them the same self-reliance that they would teach their sons. I've tried real hard not to make that mistake with my daughters. Women can go toe to toe with men on anything in the modern world and society at large needs to recognize that fact.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Bravo TD

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "Biff Tannens" of the world who are never lonely.

Not a good example. No one liked him in the movie. Nobody I know would have liked him.

I think Charlie Sheen in Ferris Bueller might be a better example.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ferris was a pretty cool character. A bit of a good guy, a bit of a character.

It's good to teach girls respect. What about men though?

• TD
    TD
    I think Charlie Sheen in Ferris Bueller might be a better example.

Interesting..

The phenomenon is very well documented.

If you view the exaggerated caricatures presented in "Biff" and the "bad boy" in the police station as different facets of the same thing, (i.e What a woman sees and what other men see in the same individual) it might actually explain it.

Great thread.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

it's more like these women are falling for tommy lee

• caliber
    caliber

"If you view the exaggerated caricatures presented in "Biff" and the "bad boy" in the police station as different facets of the same thing, (i.e What a woman sees and what other men see in the same individual) it might actually explain it."

I totally agree... signed George Mc Fly ....he he he !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit