Can I request my own Disfellowshiping?

by Joshnaz 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Just want to know, and how to do it. I've been out of the religion for 12 years now and just want a reason for my parents to not talk to me, seeing how they don't anyhow I don't think it'll hurt any.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

yep. just tell em you do not believe in the FDS and its GB anymore. that should do 'er. Or just tell them you are disassociating. It will be the same announcement: "Joshnaz is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." Half the audience will look around at each other and say "Josh who?"

In all seriousness...12 years? Who cares what your status with WTBTS is. And for your parents, hell my JW mom rarely talks to me anymore and I am not even DF.

Snakes (Rich )

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

why do you want to burn bridges when you have a hugely successful "fade". I only hope I could join those ranks! But you can disassociate if you really feel you need to. what has happened that this issue is coming up right now?

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Yea, I just spent $600 flying them out here to spend time with them and even took them to the KH so they would feel comfortable, (thinking that would help break down any communication barrier). To my surprise the KH had a special day assembly and was closed! Lucky me! Well anyway we got talking about the WBTS and I brought up some questions and my parents in their mid 70's started scolding me in my mid 30's and told me I was talking like an apostate! They then 2 days into their stay with me wanted to leave. They didn't but my mom stayed in her room the rest of the time just reading the bible and praying. To me they are really sick, my mom must have dissasociative disorder because the cult has brainwashed her so much. The last words they said to me was, "Well' we don't know if were ever going to see you again." I thought the best way to deal with them is to LET IT GO. and let go of them in the process. I think disfellowshipping myself would be the best way to release them from their psycological battle with me.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Why don't you just let this go for a month and see how you feel? You are very upset right now I think. Your parents have just done something very cruel.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Thanks Grandma Jones---I will! I think thats the key words LET IT GO! huh?

• Ding
    Ding

If the borg are leaving you alone, don't disturb them. Just move on.

• debator
    debator

You paid for your 70 year old devout witness Parents to visit and from a good start (of wanted keep things amicable on the witness front) things slipped and then 2 days in you off-loaded apostate/anti-witness information on them from this site. Making their stay as your family and guests massively uncomfortable?

I think you need to do a lot of damage limitation on this one, big apologies and maybe having a working agreement on what happens when you come together as a family in future. Your parents will be feeling upset and hurt and possibly regretting things said in the heat moment too.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

When I found the truth about the truth I was shattered. I would have hated to have been in my 70's and found it out.

Don't make any rash decisions, you have been successful in fading and there's no need to play by their rules.

Have you thought that what you said to your parents got them thinking and that's why they reacted the way they did. Don't give up on them.

peace to you

• moshe
    moshe

Well, send them a copy of your voter's registration card and tell them who you voted for. Uh, you are a registered voter aren't you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit