Children have basic human rights, why does the US ignore this right in regards to JW's Blood Doctrine?

by sabastious 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One more thing, I personally knew a JW couple who said they were "relieved" that if their child should need blood, the decision would be out of their hands. IOW, they wanted their child to LIVE and they were glad that Ceasar would step in and void their religious beliefs.

• Terry
    Terry

I can't believe how ignorant people can be to think the CHURCH is this one thing and no other thing in a mythical realm called Christianity!

There is no "The Church"!

There are only hundreds of denominations in disagreement with each other over enough essentials that they don't want to attend fellowship together each week.

America has allowed this bizarre idea of religion and The Church to undermine human rights, tax laws and common sense.

Everybody who is alive and rational wants to remain that way---UNLESS a religious idea has infected their mind allowing them to embrace death as a boon of some sort in the eyes of their invisible Soverign.

It is a sickness.

• blondie
    blondie

Billen, there are more cases than the WTS regarding medical issues and religion, many, many more. It is not possible to change the law just for one religious group and not need to affect all of them that feel medical decisions are personal. It is not as simplistic as you paint it.

• Billen76
    Billen76

Blondie.

I am not trying to make it simple, but I believe one needs to take a stand and decide what is most important and why. I am not against religion, faith or personal principles, but I may object to the way some make use of faith and religion.

In regard to the discussions I have currently particiated in, I may add that I judge religions by the thumb rule: If the aspects of the religion induces fears or terror, I will discard them from my life. (the "Fear-And-Let-US-Secure-You" aspect)

Having the freedom and rights is one thing. How we make use of the freedom is another thing, but it is by this we show what we are made of or the nature of the project we are supporting.

Recently I watched a program on the televison, that showed how priests in some christian denominations throwed acid on children in order to drive percieved demons out of the children. Those children was scarred and defaced for life. Others were banished to life in enclosed buildings or basements where they shaked in fear whenever someone approached them. They were made to believe they were possesed and evil by nature, and thus had to avoid contact with good people, as they would only ruin good people.

We also have to deal with these kind of mad driven religions, wether they call themselves christian or something else. Though we cannot tell people what to believe, we can make sure the children gets protected from the most dangerous ideas of the fanatics.

• blondie
    blondie

And what about the people not part of a mad-driven religion who refuse to let their children have any vaccinations and thereby put not only their child at risk but many others? I want to see a solution that addresses all parts of the problem.

• Billen76
    Billen76

But there is not one solution that adresses all parts of the problem. There is concern, that may cause the surroundings to react.

Usually, as we see it often with JW-parents who are to have their child operated, they silently agree with the local authority to let them take responsebility of saving the child by allowing a bloodtransfusion to take place....and not telling the child or any others. Or the doctors may operate without making a direct note in the journal that a bloodtransfusion have taken place.

Local authorities may also decide to remove a child, if he childs basic needs is not taken care of by the parents or if abuse is taking place. That is done in regard to basic law that regards everyone.

A child who have been psychlogically abused may need to psychological help to accept that they are "good enough". Just ordinairy care and acceptance may also be enough (over time)

Information that equips the individual with tools to eveluate the practices and teachings of their religious beliefs is also very important for everybody.

This is just for starters.

I think that what is most important is to realize, that it is life in itself that is important over all (or Life is Sacred, if you please). The rest is just discussions about life and how we make the best of it, as individuals as well as a society.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

A point that hasn't been mentioned (or that I overlooked) is that the court ordered blood transfusion is all well and good for the doctors who have the time and flexibility to go through that process, but what about JW children in an emergency situation who need blood immediately? If their parents are present those kids die, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit