More AGM News-- Spiritual matters continue!

by yknot 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

I always find it interesting how emails vary in perception. Two more 'snippets' have arrived and I am posting them for forum consumption (this is still technically 'spiritual food') and discussion. As with the last thread, the original author and those they emailed are not responsible! I was like 4th/5th on the chain of these emails and none knew of my intent to reiterate the contents here in cyberspace. If you do recognize similarlity within your own noted emails again I am the only one responsible so it is best to just keep your mouth shut (hey you are lurking here so you got no room to judge) and not cause any undo pain to the author or the original intended. Previous thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200064/1/More-AGM-News FIRST SNIPPET: New 'spin' on the DFd parent-child which was previouslly mention in my first AGM thread. In this scenario the DFd adult-only-child is an atheist. The email draws out that perhaps the Adult-child privately became of atheist mindset before DFing (DFing apparently was due to speaking out on behalf of the FSM or apostasy) Faithful JWParents are encouraged to discern that 'Necessary Family Business' isn't actual in the Bible and thus we should not push it to an extreme. The hope is that the Adult-child will begin to feel a sense of loss and yearning over not receiving the full measure of his parents love and devotion and associate this loss and yearning too with not having a relationship (ie believing)Jehovah. MY THOUGHTS: Clearly this is a bit overly hopeful as I don't know many Atheist (esp ExJWs) who would ever fall for such a ruse. Generally speaking once an ExJW goes 'there' they ain't coming back and if they do it won't be under those motivations mentioned above. SECOND SNIPPET THE GT!!!! As Satan continues to lay his snares and make his attacks on those righthearted faithful ones earnestly seeking to serve the call of "IF" one will survive the GT has now become if one 'WILL" survive "UNTIL" the GT! Yes friends it is true we have yet to experience or discern the enormous trials that will unfold during the GT but we should not be concerned about enduring as will we have Jehovah's protection! Some of the snares that will continue as the GT nears are leading many of of the 'TRUTH'. Talk (older ones) of regretting not pursuing higher education, career or not saving toward retirement. Those who whisper these 'woes' are likened to those murmurers of Israel during the Exodus from Egypt! Foolishly they wished to return to Egypt not discerning that Egypt would later fall to the Babylonians instead of keeping their 'eye on the prize' of 'the promised land tha flowed with milk and honey"! This too is true in our times! Some are falling away as they fail to discern that things such as global economies, 401k, stocks, fortune 500 comapnies and currency values are plummeting as we grow nearer and nearer to Satan's wrath increasing as his time draws near! Pursuing such similar foolishness as the those murmuring Isrealites desired will only lead us to a temporary sense of security in this system of things but it will also distract us from Jehovah's will and the promise of the new system. So Friends! Will allow your hope to be bought for a few bits of silver?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

YKnot, so are they saying do not be extreme as inn 'lighten up', or as in do not go crazy looking to create necessary family business? Or will they leave it murky and it be a read between the lines for witnesses?

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Same here IA...I am a bit confused. It may be the run on paragraph, which is my issue since it is harder to comprehend long paragraphs.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Isaacaustin--I had this discussion with Jamie recently. What it really means is absolutely nothing for apostates, as these have no apparent desire to 'repent'. It's really the same understanding as they've had for some time about praying [privately] for DF'd ones--it should really only be done if they are taking steps to repent. (Though I've heard some pray for DF'd ones as a group from the platform at the convention, so I assume that's okay. Eye-roll...) It's kind of a meaningless statement because most parents were probably going by that rule on their own anyway.

-sd-7

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Talk (older ones) of regretting not pursuing higher education, career or not saving toward retirement. Those who whisper these 'woes' are likened to those murmurers of Israel during the Exodus from Egypt!

That is complete horse caca. The WTS seeing a trend of people actually realizing they need to look out for themselves while the WTS has a gazillon dollars and are sitting pretty?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

SD-7, your analysis makes sense. If one is not coming back then the org would go hardline on necessary family business. Basically, if read between the lines, this is saying that if one is taking steps to come back parents can give a little but keepit limited and hopefully that will draw the person back.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Thanks, yknot. While the discussion related to DF'd family members is a bit murky, I think the Society is trying to say "don't make excuses for unnecessary association with DF'd relatives." This becomes more clear when you look at the context in which it's addressed--right after an admonition to accept "scriptural counsel" regarding your personal lifestyle even if it differs from your personal opinion.

From the earlier thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/200064/1/More-AGM-News):

Self-evaluation: …Ask yourself how you would react to counsel regarding personal lifestyle? What if the scriptural counsel differs from personal opinion? Will you be obedient in molding?

Example: An adult child who lives outside of the household is DFd? While the term ‘Necessary family business’ is a term familiar with those in this circumstance; the GB wants to stress there is no need to push this to the extreme! ….Basically to shorten the example and to get to the heart of the matter….. there must be incentive for the DFd person to want to return. Parents are encouraged to give a little but to leave the DFd child desiring for more while promoting their actions as motivate by their love for Jah. The end result is hope that the DFd child in wanting full access to the abundant love of his parents willl also begin to see his losses in not having a relationship with Jehovah and seek reinstatement.

The example given in this thread is a bit difficult to understand. In particular, I'm not sure what the sentence in bold is trying to say. The part about "necessary family business" not being in the Bible doesn't sound like something that would come from the WTS...

New 'spin' on the DFd parent-child which was previouslly mention in my first AGM thread. In this scenario the DFd adult-only-child is an atheist. The email draws out that perhaps the Adult-child privately became of atheist mindset before DFing (DFing apparently was due to speaking out on behalf of the FSM or apostasy) Faithful JWParents are encouraged to discern that 'Necessary Family Business' isn't actual in the Bible and thus we should not push it to an extreme. The hope is that the Adult-child will begin to feel a sense of loss and yearning over not receiving the full measure of his parents love and devotion and associate this loss and yearning too with not having a relationship (ie believing)Jehovah.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Some of the snares that will continue as the GT nears are leading many of of the 'TRUTH'. Talk (older ones) of regretting not pursuing higher education, career or not saving toward retirement. Those who whisper these 'woes' are likened to those murmurers of Israel during the Exodus from Egypt!

Wait, so they're saying that the snares of the GT will be in part self-induced through our own poor planning and life choices??

THAT'S why I contribute to my 401k. If "the end" happens to come in my lifetime, let's face it, worrying about what happens to my 401k is far down the list. It's JUST MONEY!!

• asilentone
    asilentone

yknot, where are the paragraphs?

• yknot
    yknot

Sorry yall about formating.... it had paragraphs and spaces when I hit send.

Unfortunately I was also walking out the door to get kids to school and elsewhere ( sidenote- where is Elswhere these days too?).

I just got back and needless to say it is past the 30 minute editing period.

Isaacaustin--you have a PM.

I am going to 'repost with paragraphs'.....

Everyone else consider this thread 'dead'!

Mods if you want you can even delete it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit