While you were df'd and coming back to the meetings, did you talk to JWs?

by asilentone 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

I was surprised about my df'd friend that sent me an email very recently that he has been going to the meetings for 2 months. I would not try to stop him because he loves his JW family too much. We were very good friends before he got df'd. While you were df'd and coming back to the meetings, did you talk to JWs? After you got reinstated, did you keep a secret from the elders and others that you have been associating with JWs while you were df'd?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I was never DF'd but I have heard of many people from the younger generation talking to friends who are DF'd.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If a Witness is coming to meetings , a lot of dubs will feel sympathetic towards them. As elders we often had to remind the Bro's that a person is still d/f'd and should not be engaged in conversation. I often used to communicate by smiles, nods of encouragement etc, if not a conversation..

A Bro. whose daughter was reinstated told me how encouraged she had been by the discrete communications with the others, and this was a particularly cool congo.........

• superman
    superman

I've never been DF'd but I know that many of the younger JW's (30 and under) still will talk and hang out with DF'd JW's. I know me and many other's still did when I was in. Otherwise many of the older JW's tend to be more hardlined on the issue.

• blondie
    blondie

I've never been df'd but I was an active jw that talked to df'd jws. I did not take it as far as talking to them at the meetings, but I did at work, if I saw them at a store, in a park...and have a nice conversation...I didn't worry because I knew of one elder who rideshared every day with his df'd son...one who called his son at work everyday (overheard by another brother who sat near him) and one who vacationed and stayed in his daughter's home twice a year all under the twisted pharse "necessary family matters." None minded taking to me including the one that was seeking reinstatement.

I am job trained 2 df'd jws in my work career...I did not ask for a transfer, ask someone else to do it (it was job), or quit.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I've been disfellowshiped for almost two years now, and I seen witnesses talk to me a on the down low. For example in my old congregation the ''friends'' are very old school and would treat a disfellowshiped person like a leaper, but the new congregation that I kind of go to ( I haven't been in two months ) will talk to me very discreetly and smile at me ( I've moved 75 miles from South Los Angeles ).

I think it depends on the congregation if the people will talk to you are not. That was why ( in my first post "Can Elders Encourage People Two Come Back" ) I confused with that rule.

• Pitchess Co-Gen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit